Sunday 10 January 2010

Mel's Change of Year Roundup

Well the 2009/2010 changeover went very well for me :)

 Christmas brought lots of presents and thanks to the mail strikes both international and domestic, the presents keep coming. All gifts listed in the Christmas 2009 folder.

On 28 December a few of us got together for a stitching day at Colours Down Under.  A few of the ladies let me take their pictures here.

At that same event, I finished the 2006 Incircles Christmas Ornament, bringing my stitching finishes total up to 10 for the year.  Double digits is fine by me :) Especially as Vienna Ball took most of my emergy last year what with changing states, changing houses (twice) changing work (twice) etc etc.  My 2009 Finishes folder is here.

After a tiring long day at work and getting very close and personal with some helicopters collecting water for firefighting, I decided to spend New Year's Eve at home. So New Years Day I got a lot of stitching done :)

My new starts in late December 2009 and 1 January 2010:

Since I have returned to work and the reality of finances etc etc the stitching has almost stopped.  I'll have to move house shortly so all of these lovely new starts have been packed away except for Hannah Hummingbird which is on a deadline.

I'll get back to the others when work slows down and the house move has been completed.

So how was everyone else's change of year?

5 comments:

Jim Westlake said...

New job - Excellent.
The new job is 250 miles from Plymouth - Bummer.
Jen has a transfer of job to Swansea - Excellent.
We are in the process of moving house _ Excellent but a lot of hard work.

All in all it been an eventful year with many significant changes towards the end and on going.

I hope your 2010 is much, much better than your 2009.

Paula Hubert said...

Here's to hoping 2010 is a better year for everyone! For some reason, 2009 seemed to be hard on a LOT of folks. The actual changeover was pretty benign in my part of the world; welcomed in with family (including The Jerm staying awake till midnight for the first time!) and a few close friends. Low-key and very pleasant. New Years day was a day to relax; I didn't leave the house till I decided that I didn't want to cook supper and went out to pick up some Chinese food. I didn't get a whole lot of stitching done, but I did putter around and get some things done that I'd been wanting to for a while!

Nancy Murdock said...

I hope 2010 is better for you than the past. I did tweet you a TY for the floss and card, but I don't know if you got it! It was very unexpected! And the lovely text message too! So very thoughtful. You must be an expert at moving now!

Karen R said...

HEY - I left a comment on here already - but it's gone... Anyway, what I said was, let's hope 2010 is a better year for everyone - I am glad to put 2009 behind! The actual changeover was pretty uneventful - that's a good thing. I'm ready for some uneventful, but I have a suspicion that's not in my immediate future - too many variables running round my house :) Good luck on the move - let it be the last one for some time to come, eh?

kay jones said...

I'm sure a lot of people wont be sorry to see the back of 2009 but hopefully 2010 will be much better for all of us. Hopefully your move will be a smooth one and that this coming year will improve with age.

Post a Comment