Sunday 5 July 2009

Mel's Sunday Update

Well for a while there it looked like I wouldn't make a Sunday update yet again :)

I've been far too exhausted after work and haven't done any stitching week nights for nearly a month now.  However I put in some dedicated effort this week and I do indeed have an update - YAY!!

Mariann's RR
I have *finally* gotten my bit done on Mariann's RR.  This is a beautiful project and I only wish I could have done more on it.  It will be posted out to Laura tomorrow.

BTW - Happy Birthday Laura !!!!!

Vienna Ball
Many of you on Twitter would have heard my wailing and gnashing of teeth ion the backstitching on this part.  However Part 4 is now completely finished.  I'm not entirely happy with it - and I am deeply unhappy with my individual backstitches in some places, so please don't look too closely :(  The best thing I can say is - its done.  Onto Part 5.


Present from Kay
As can seen in the pic above, I received a fantastic gift in the mail Friday!  Thank you so much Kay !!!!   Kay sent:
  • a lovely beanie frog (which Mr S thinks is soooo cute)
  • a luxurious pair of thermal gloves which are soooo warm!
  • a gorgeous stitched bookmark - I adore the sentiment!
  • two great pieces of hand dyed fabric!  I have so many ideas for those fabrics already!

Thanks so much Kay !!!!!

22 comments:

Jim Westlake said...

;-))

Lori M. said...

Great up date Mel! Awesome RAK! Who's the designer for the bookmark?

crabby man said...

very nice

Natalie Mikesell said...

Great RAK :D And the stitching looks great! Can't wait to see part 5 on Vienna.

Julie Dollery said...

I seriously need to get into one of these RR groups. A change is as good as a holiday

...what am I saying...no its not.

Stephen Silk said...

Only if you have Change Management :-)

Melissa Hicks said...

The Round Robins are great for working on projects you'd never pick for yourself :) For instance the colourway of Kay's RR just would never find itself entering my stash - but I ADORED working on her piece and I didn't want to stop! It was just so much fun :)

RRs are also great for that helping hand getting on with a piece you are bogged down on or just not game to start (i.e. my current piece which is doing the rounds - its so large its been intimidating me for 14 years now! Thank the deities its now off and running!)

Just be careful to make sure you know and trust all the people in your RR group - too many of us have been part of horror stories where someone has dropped off the face of the earth taking other people's projects with them.

Melissa Hicks said...

Started part 5 this morning while waiting for a gyppy tummy to settle down. Its coming along fine - nice simple xsitches in five shades of grey with minimal backstitching. If I hadn't spent most of the day on the toilet or sleeping I would have part 5 half done by now!

Melissa Hicks said...

You'd have to ask Kay - she stitched the bookmark for me. Isn't it a set of great sentiments!

Hilary Syddall said...

I love the RAK (that froggie is seriously cute!), and well done on getting the RR done and on it's way and I am sorry that Vienna was getting you down.

PS hope the tum improves quickly!

Melissa Hicks said...

Coq au Vin, mashed potatoes and steamed beg has helped the tum immensely!! I'm even enjoying working on Vienna Ball now I'm onto Part 5 :) :)

Hilary Syddall said...

Woo hoo! brilliant news on the tum being better (obviously the wine helped settle it down) and even better news on Vienna Ball going so well! :-)

Paula Hubert said...

Great progress! And what a lovely RAK - that multi colored piece of fabric is lovely!

Claire EJ said...

Glad the stomach ick has settled! Too much good food over the weekend by the sound of it.

Vienna Ball..lovely to know you are enjoying it again!

Rosanne Derrett said...

Hate the dodgy belly thing - I have IBS and it is no fun especially in the middle of the night. Lovely RAK from Kay you lucky girl and stop sweating the small stuff on Vienna Ball. It is gorgeous.

Melissa Hicks said...

Mr S has been bringing sweet things home from the bakery and I've been having a little nibble each time. Too much eventual gluten ingestion and the digestive tract rebelled! Self inflicted ....

Julie Dollery said...

That reminds me, can you email me your address, I have "thingies" to send you.

Rosanne Derrett said...

I understand the reasons - i keep eating things I know will trigger it and sometimes I get lucky. It's a hit and miss approach.

kay jones said...

Its a Lizzie Kate design. I've had it for about 4 years now but I would imagine its still easy to get hold of.

Lori M. said...

Thanks Kay! For anyone else who's willing to be enabled, it's called "Live, Laugh, Love". It's a great design!

Melissa Hicks said...

And it makes me smile every lunch time when I open my book to read :) :)

Laura Landis said...

Great update, Mel! Thanks for the birthday wishes. Katie spoiled me rotten and then I got to turn around and try to return the favor 5 days later! I hope Part 5 is more to your liking!!

Post a Comment