Sunday 13 September 2009

Mel's Sunday update

Well I had a somewhat productive week this week :) :)

Staying at home with a recuperating kitty, I managed to finish off Part 10 of Vienna Ball.  I am now finally completely up to date with this Chatelaine project. I am absurdly proud of myself!

Vienna Ball Part 10.
Vienna Ball whole progress to date.

While sorting through projects to sell, (I need some cash - long story) I found an old travel project I haven't worked on in over 12 months.  Once I started working on it, I remembered why this one was put away - I had done three and a half letters, and every one had mistakes in it !!!!! I fixed all the mistakes and finished off another two and half letters. Not bad for a couple of days work while cuddling a sooky kitty.

Excellence album.

Also this week, Sisu's RR arrived.  I hope to get stuck into it this coming week.

As can be seen in the picture above, Abby was neutered this week.  I am sooo glad, we've managed to sleep dutring the nights again, without being woken by male cats caterwauling all hours of the darkness .... and don't get me started on how bad the house stank from all of the male cats marking "their" territories via every entrance ..

It is over now and Abby is recuperating nicely.

15 comments:

Jim Westlake said...

She looks real purdy if a little pissed at wearing the plastic ruff.

Melissa Hicks said...

She absolutely hated the collar on the first day but seems resigned to wearing it now. She looks so funny when she runs because she swings her head from side to side to keep momentum. We keep promising to take video of it, but never have the camera in reach :)

Janine Smith said...

Oh my how she has grown Mel. She is so pretty looking.

Karen R said...

She is a very pretty cat - I'm glad he colors stayed bold like that. Is she picking up any radio stations with that thing? LOL

Anita B said...

Oh, My - Abby has grown, and she's a lovely cat - very striking colors.

Melissa Hicks said...

Even the vets tell us she is one of the prettiest cats they have ever seen :) Mind you they haven't seen her in her Hellion mode :)

Laura Landis said...

Poor Abby! She does look more than a little irritated with that cone. She is a gorgeous girl, though! Your progress this week is great. It looks like you've gotten quite a bit done.

Rosanne Derrett said...

she really is so pretty! I love tortie cats anyway, mainly because of their strong personalities. As for the Chatelaines- it is a wonderful boost to be completely up to date ahead of the end of the month. I'm now 5 weeks behind on Ostsee with one complete and huge building still to go. Caribbean is up to date but I have only done one of the three corner ornaments so far this month. Kudos to you for getting there so ealry in the month!

Julie Dollery said...

Such a pretty kitty, and very pleased to see that her nose leather is black...Skin cancer is a bugger with white noses.

Paula Hubert said...

I'm glad things have settled down a bit with Abby having been spayed. She really is a pretty girl!

kay jones said...

Heavens, how she's grown. She certainly looks very self assured. Good work on Vienna.

Melissa Hicks said...

Yup - we've been watching her nose leather change, it was mostly pink with just a spot of black when we brought her home, its now mostly black with just a touch of pink :)

However, both ear tips (and in fact one whole ear) are white. We know she'll get cancer of the ears in the coming years, this being Australia and all :)

kay jones said...

We once had a couple of white cats, both sisters and they had their ears tipped due to cancer. Unfortunately both eventually died of it but not before they were well into double figures agewise.

I was told by a vet that if you put sun block on their ears it will protect them but have you ever tried to do it? Perhaps you'd have better luck than we did. I think our problem was that they were rescue cats who had been ill treated before we got them so we were at a disadvantage before we started.

Melissa Hicks said...

Ummm I'd be worried about them licking off the sunblock and eating it. Hmmm - will ask the vets about this on Sunday while getting Abby's stitches out.

I can also see the sunblock attracting a lot of grease and dirt and thus the cat would grrom those eartips even more .....

Lyne-Elizabeth Blodgett said...

Wow Mel - Abby is growing up so quickly...she's beautiful!

Post a Comment