Tuesday 1 September 2009

Today's Good Point: 1 September 2009.

A very good friend recently said to me: "keep looking around and find the good things in each day, and each bend in the road.".

Today is the first day of Spring.

Today's good thing is the seasons and the renewal of life. We don't really have winter here, but with all of the constant rain over the last month all of the flowers are out.  Seeing multi-hued tulips, daffodils and jonquils in the florists today.  Seeing all the native wildflowers in the gardens around home and work.

Just a reminder that no matter how bad things seem, the planet goes on. Everything else ont he planet provides beauty, food and fertilization every year, irregardless of what goes on in our lives and hearts.

5 comments:

Jim Westlake said...

It's the first day of autumn by that analogy here. We will be looking forward to autmnul reds in the trees, clean crisp air perfect for photography with long shadows.

kay jones said...

Just coming into Autumn here. Today has been sunny but cold and the pumpkins are just beginning to turn colour.

It seems that no matter what the season, there is always something to feel good about.

Tina Starke said...

Glorious 1st of September here; about 23 degrees C in your book, 73 degrees F in mine. No autumn colors yet bu the first MacIntosh apples should be ready soon.

Julie Dollery said...

The bulbs are in full swing here in Melbourne too Mel. My Fresias (which I planted 2 years ago) have now reached a point where they look like they belong (rather than a wind blown accident) and the magnolias are gearing up for a mammoth show. I remember Perth in the Spring when I was there last year, I must concede, they do this season particularly well.

Laura Landis said...

Spring is my favorite season, Mel. I love the sense of rebirth and renewal. I love the rain, waking up all the flowers and trees. Spring just makes me happy!

Here in the states, Autumn will begin just past mid-month. It's my favorite season to stitch for. I really should pull out all of my decorations and change things over. I get to fill the house with great pumpkins and witches -- each one a fun stitching memory. ::sigh:: Now I suppose I really need to get up and get busy!!

Post a Comment