Monday 31 August 2009

Mel's Sunday Update (on Monday)

What with working yesterday, I completely forgot to post this ...

Our insane attack kitteh currently has cabin fever.  At aged 4/5 months she has come on heat.  The vets wont neuter her while she is on heat or at the moment anyway because she is too small.  The only answer has been to lock her inside the house for two weeks or risk her getting pregnant.  Every entrance to our home (doors and windows) have all been sprayed by multiple male cats .... we are under siege!  (without Steven Segal!)

So for the latter part of last week and I suspect the next 10 days I wont get any stitching done.  The kitten simply goes feral when I pick it up and she has actually stripped the needle from the floss and carried the needle off, (while I'm trying to catch her) too many times already.

Pause while I clean up and change clothes.  Eating coco pops, blogging and fending off bored attack kitty at the same time is a dangerous occupation.

Anyway, in the earlier part of last week I did manage to finish off Part 7 of Vienna Ball.  The peacock.

Album here.
Peacock here.

Hugs
Mel.

16 comments:

crabby man said...

Lol. You paint quite the picture

Melissa Hicks said...

Lets just say it was a Good Thing (tm) that I had the whole week's worth of work clothes ironed and hanging in the wardrobe, or there would have been great gnashing of teeth this morning ....

Tina Starke said...

Sounds like an Orc attack ;)

Melissa Hicks said...

I do get rather Orc-like when my plans get upset :) Luckily I plan for contingencies so they rarely get upset via small mishaps like an entire bowl of coco pops being spilled down my front by an ambitious kitty ....

Tina Starke said...

as long as you don't SMELL like an Orc! :D

Jim Westlake said...

Sounds like your place is not the place to be for a while. lol

Melissa Hicks said...

Not if you have a sense of smell :) :) After Abby is neutered I will definitely be scrubbing the entire outside of the house and car.

She's getting weighed on Sunday and hopefully she might have grown enough - but they doubt it :( I'll keep feeding her treats :) :)

Jim Westlake said...

Seems a small price to be paid in exchange for parts of ones anatomy to me? ;-))

Melissa Hicks said...

Well I would like to be neutered myself - would make life so much easier in so many ways ....

Jim Westlake said...

Straying into too much information....

;-))

Paula Hubert said...

Sounds like life in your house is pretty interesting.. in all sorts of ways! The stitching is lovely!

Laura Landis said...

The peacock is a lovely addition! Hope the kitteh situation settles down soon for you!! She's a cutie, by the way. Loved Steven's photo album!!

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks Laura. Taking Abby to the vets in an hour to ge tthe last of her kitten shots and see when they can book her in for desexing. She's been good for the last few days, but she woke us up calling to the males in the wee hours of this mroning, so we suspect she is on heat AGAIN!

Will discuss with vets {sigh}

Karen R said...

First time was just a practice round? I've always had males/its for that reason - though I would almost rather a female in heat over the spraying even by the its that we've endured :( Or maybe I've really just been a dog person all this time, and it took Booger going to let me know :)

Melissa Hicks said...

According to the vets, once a cat comes on heat, they stay on heat more or less permantly until they actually mate with a male. Fortunately the vet is happy with Abby's growth rate so the speying is booked in for Thursday.

Now just wish she would let us sleep through the night .....

Melissa Hicks said...

Oh I definitely prefer a female in heat, once they are speyed that's the end of it. The male cat spraying can go on for years afterwards !!

Post a Comment