Wednesday 22 August 2012

Gothtigger Test Site

I've created this blogger blog to test some of the issues and workarounds being discussed for exporting our data from the about to be closed down Multiply.com site.

I'll be testing a couple of different workarounds just as soon as the backup process finishes.  I ran the backup when most of my data was mostly private and it took 20 minutes and about 100Mb.

Now that I have made all of my multiply site public so I can access all of my data, the backup is currently 1.48Gb and still rising.  Those hi-res photos we kept uploading :)

Also one of housemates has been using a fair bit of bandwidth at the same time, so my speed is quite throttled, so we are unfortunately at 20 hours now and still waiting ...

The blog post will be made available once the backup is complete and I know it's worked OK and hasn't gotten itself into some kinda loop or done something else freaky.

Mel.

No comments:

Post a Comment