Saturday 24 July 2010

Damnit!

I just finished reading the latest Jim Butcher Harry Dresden book "Changes".

I was hesitant to start this book because I had already read a couple of spoiler-free reviews where people went "wait, you can't finish it there... "

So going into this book I felt I kinda knew this in anticipation.  As I was reading I was mentally going "oh right, I see,  I see where we're going.  Yep that makes sense."

I feel I have a relatively good idea of this author. Most of the big reveals were "well duh!  That was obvious because ...." and still an enjoyable read.

Until the last page.

I'm not sure I can forgive Mr Butcher for the last page. 
For it BEING the last page. 
For making me wait until March 2011.

For using the last page of the book to define the title of the book.

DAMN YOU!

7 comments:

Jim Westlake said...

It was good then? ;-)

Kimberly Fawn said...

I'd better hurry and catch up then. I'm still waaaaaay back in Summer Knight. I LOVE these books.

crabby man said...

I will make a point to check it out

Melissa Hicks said...

It was good. It was as good as his books usually are. Bit like Dr Who - fun read, great story, don't think about it too hard or you will find plot holes as big as asteroids, but its great while you read them :)

Right until last page. I wont spoil it for the others but if he start's the next book with the usualy ending to this dilemma There. Will. Be. Words.!

Jim Westlake said...

Notr to self, don't ever upset gothy!

Paula Hubert said...

Hmmm... I've been meaning to start reading his books.. I guess maybe I should get started now and then I won't have this long a wait? LOL

Melissa Hicks said...

I do enjoy them Paula and I would recommend them. A great cosy read that keeps the pace ticking along so you don;t noticve the plot holes. Great bedtime reading :)

Post a Comment