Sunday 23 April 2006

I loathe metallics

I've just started the metallics and now I know why not many people have completed this design - the metallics are awful! Two strands of Kreinik blending filament on their own. They slip, they slide, they tangle, they knot, they split apart .... just awful. I'm having to grit my teeth and persevere. My stitching speed has slowed to a crawl while I wrestle with these threads!

I've given myself one more week to wrestle with this. If I haven;t finished the design by next Sunday then its getting put away. Did I mention that I'm starting to loathe the Kreinik blending filaments ......

4 comments:

Julie Balla said...

Just remember how beautiful it will look when you have finished, and what a sense of accomplishment you will feel and hopefully that will get you through.

XXXX YYYY said...

Honey, I meant to reply here a while ago,,,,,,,EVERYONE hates metallics. I don't know a single person who enjoys using them, but persevere as they end up looking gawjus.

Melissa Hicks said...

They do indeed! Thank you. I'm going to spend some more time on Snowflake and then do up this month's section of Mystery IX and then I'll go back and finish off Rhiannon.

Gina Martin said...

A break from metallics is just what the doctor ordered! :) Still, you'll get it done sooner or later.

Post a Comment