Friday 21 April 2006

Mum


Hmmm, is it enabling when all of their acquisitions come from *your* stash ??? Mum went home with 8 or 10 little kits (mostly cover kits from magazines and Cross Stitch magic kits) a couple of charts from Cross Stitch Magic, all of my duplicate magazines and my copy of Rosemarkie from LongDog!

We also did a run to the local Spotlight store before she went home and bought her, her own scissors, needles, set of three hoops, some DMC floss including two variegated skeins, two packets of precut Aida cloth (white and cream) and a box to wind and store her bobbins.

As Paul said when we got home - "You are so proud, aren't you". My answer was YEP!

Here's a pic of her first design. She changed the count size, and the colours. It was originally all in dark royal blue, but Mum decided to split the design into two colours to "highlight" the birds.

She's rung me each night since she returned home to tell me her progress on her second design. This one has lots of colours and most are similar shades, so she's finding it a bit of a challenge, but she's still having lots of fun.

1 comment:

Julie Balla said...

That's great. I recently "converted" my mum to cross stitch. She had done a lot of embroidery in the past but I persuaded her to have a go at xs and she now loves it. She is currently working on a Thomas Kinkade kit which is definitely a challenge for her, there are so many colours - I had to sort them all out as she couldn't tell the difference on some of them, but she is really enjoying it.

Post a Comment