Sunday 14 May 2006

Snowflake - first real day



well I just had a great day. The neighbours disappeared off somewhere with a packed car yesterday (YAY!) and still haven;t returned.

Paul spent the day with his mum. And instead of the forecast rain, it was a beautiful sunny mild day.

Trub and I spent the whole day sitting out in the sun, reading, stitching and dozing. Magnificent!!!!

Of course the weather cooled down around 4pm and we had to come inside. Its now 8:30pm, and Paul's here and we're about to watch X-Men 2. Lovely ending to a lovely day. However I just had to show you the progress I made on snowflake today - its starting to look like an actual snowflake now :) Pity that the scanner really is NOT doing the fabric justice.




5 comments:

Gina Martin said...

What a lovely piece! This is about the only way I'll see snow anytime soon. In stitching! LOL It sounds like you had a lovely day though.

XXXX YYYY said...

Scanner may not be doing the fabric justice, but it sure is for your stitching! Can't wait to see more, it's beautiful Mel!!!

Paula Hubert said...

Great piece - and what a great day! We had a big family get-together which is now a tradition for our extended family. Had an enjoyable afternoon, but it really took away from my stitching time for a normal Sunday afternoon.

Hilary Syddall said...

This is a fantastic piece Mel! I don't know how you can say that the scanner doesn't do it justice :-)

The Dragon

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks all for your positive comments on this piece! I'm going to do some more tonight when I get up to date on my Multiply comments :) I know I wont get up to date on my emails :)

Post a Comment