Monday 29 May 2006

Snowflake update



Well after all of my stashing, I thought I would continue on Snowflake - I still haven't gotten *anything* finished for *me* yet. I ran out of the Needle Necessities thread only 6 letters from the end - typical huh!

So anyway, I took a pic at that point. Then I started on the metallic backstitching - I wasn't sure how this would look - originally I thought the metallic would ruin the subtle effect that was happening with this piece - but its growing on me.

Comments?



5 comments:

Paula Hubert said...

I like this one a lot! Hmmm... I have to admit that I like the piece both with and without the backstitching - I like how the backstitching brings the snowflake to the fore a bit.

Julie Balla said...

Great work. The backstitching certainly makes the snowflake "pop" more - almost 3D, but I probably wouldn't do it as I HATE backstitching!

XXXX YYYY said...

I LOVE it with the backstitching...it adds another dimension to it.

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks guys - and yes the backstitching is really making it pop! Hopefully I'll get some more progress made this week.

Gina Martin said...

Yes, the backstitching really makes it pop! It looks fantastic.

Post a Comment