Saturday 28 November 2009

Mel's Sunday Update



Yes I am definitely blond now :)

In stitching news, I finally got the updated pictures in the Vienna Ball album. Stephen took the photos as his camera is better than mine.  I think he captured the beads and crystals quite well.

I've also stitched up a small Christmas gift for a friend. I'm unsure of my choice of fabric for this one, so I took it to the stitching get-together today.  The girls said it looks fine, just a little subtle.  They think it will look fine once it has been framed. Now to find a framer :)

Other news, my local online store Colours Down Under is opening a bricks and mortar store. A few of us lucky ones got to tour the newly acquired premises yesterday.  What a fabulous ambiance!  Can't wait for Janine to put pictures up when the shop is open for business.  Its in a complex with a motel, a restaurant and two cafes - so we're already talking Friday night stitch-ins, Sunday get-togethers and whole weekend stitching retreats!  I'm so excited !!!!!


9 comments:

Jim Westlake said...

Morning Mel!
I'm here to tell you that blondes DO have more fun.

Janine Smith said...

Mel look fantastic as a blonde as she left the hairdressers and came to my place so we got to view it first hand.

I can tell you the Vienna Ball is just stunning. The chandeleir is fantastic. The crystals shimmer fantastically. The dress is just gorgeous.

Thanks for the thumbs up on the premises Mel. It has been a big decision and I am not always sure that I am doing the right thing where CDU is concerned. You girls made me feel very secure with this decision and I was so excited by the time you left yesterday.

Laura Landis said...

Look at you, Mel! You look great. As someone who has had her hair nearly every color, I love it. So exciting your onlineLNS will soon be a b&m LNS! The stitch gathering will be so fun and it's great to meet up with other people who share your interests. I left a comment about Vienna Ball on the photo page. It's really a fab finish.

Sisu Lull said...

As the polar opposite of Laura (I have never colored my hair), I can still say it looks great Mel! LOL.
Congrats on having a new brick and mortar LNS! Sounds like fun.

kay jones said...

Great colour and it suits you.

Paula Hubert said...

Nice color! Altho, I do have to disagree just a bit... blonds may have fun, but redheads ARE more fun! LOL

I'm wishing Janine loads of luck with her bricks and mortar shop; how exciting to have a new LNS opening instead of all of the news about shops closing. It sounds like a handy setup to have a motel in the same complex!

Tim T said...

Looks fantastic Mel. Vienna Ball is very sparklie with the beads.

Janine is opening her own shop. That's another great news. I want to come and visit, wonder when work will bring me to Perth again ?

Mariann Mäder said...

Where's the GOTH gone? :-)

Fits you very well though, that blond, Mel!

That's great news about the brick & mortar shop! All the best to Janine and may there be stash-mad custoers flocking in! As Paula said: it's very nice to see a real shop opening rather than closing for once.

Claire EJ said...

It's the Tigger side of course!
I love it. And the curls too, they look lovely.

Congrats to Janine. Great decision.

Post a Comment