Saturday 7 November 2009

Mel's Sunday Update

I've been a quiet on the stitching front, well I've been a bit quiet all around I guess.  I've picked up some additional hours at work what with it coming into the holiday season so I've been working flat out and mostly too tired to stitch when I get home.  Part 11 of Vienna Ball was also a lot larger than I expected (never make assumptions).

So for a few weeks there I gave up on Vienna Ball entirely and stitched two smalls.  Jewel by Moonflower Needleart and Morale by Sue Hillis.  Both are in my finished album.

Then back to Vienna Ball.  I finally, last night, finished Part 11.  Pics in the Vienna Ball album.

Now to make dinner and then settle in to start Part 12 (the last Part!!!!!!) of Vienna Ball.



13 comments:

Claire EJ said...

I so love the Pirate designs. Super stuff.
Jewel looks interesting too so I'll be heading over to the finished album to comment any moment.
Lovely to see an update from you, honey.
I, of course, never have a stitching update any more.

Melissa Hicks said...

You just need to show us all that knitting you've been doing instead!

Claire EJ said...

Well, Kay has the one large piece I was doing all through the summer so hopefully she will post a photo as I don't have one.
Everything else is part way through or looks a mess as it's all lace work and looks all smooshy.
I hope to get a scarf pic today as the skies are bright and pretty. A good omen perhaps.

Cathy Kelso said...

I too love the pirate!! Fabulous!

Jodie Hill said...

Love the stitching. I have the pirate one started, but I must not have been in the right frame of mind when I started it, it's been relegated to UFO land until I want to work on it. Jewel is beautiful!

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks Cathy! The writing was done in a day, the skull and crossed bones took another week due to working and just feeling tired and run down.

Melissa Hicks said...

It really is a quick stitch once you get your teeth into it .... good luck in feeling piratey sometime soon :)

Lori M. said...

Great finishes Mel!

kay jones said...

and oh boy has she been knitting. She made me an absolutely gorgeous shawl for my birthday. Must take a pic.

kay jones said...

will do so tomorrow when I can find where my fiendish grandson left my camera:))

Tim T said...

Looks wonderful Mel, as always. Your Vienna ball is amazing. Major happy dance coming up. Where are you planning to hand the pirate piece ?

Melissa Hicks said...

I'd love to say the bedroom, but that's just wishful thinking at the moment .... maybe in the office at work, when I'm in a supervisory role again ....

Paula Hubert said...

I've thought of soing the Pirate piece and hanging it in the office.. one of these days! :)

The stitching looks great on the other pieces, too!

Post a Comment