Friday 26 November 2010

Giving thanks

I'm Australian and not party to whole US celebration going on at the moment.  However there are a few things that I am thankful for ...
  • My home is intact and I can use every room (first time since February)
  • We have glorious Spring weather so I can use every room in my house without worrying about electricity bills
  • My car is in getting fixed - so I will have a shiny new Salem again (first time since February)
  • My car insurance comes with a free rental car so I can still get to work easily
  • I stood my ground at a number of difficult meetings this week and although there were tears and feelings of frustrations, I won the concessions I needed.
  • I now know my supervisor will stick her neck out for me. She is good people!
  • I will no longer be working 30-50 hours unpaid overtime each week
  • The implant I had put in my arm last week appears to be helping both my moods and my migraine. Its still early days but even with all of the work pressures this week, my migraine has been improving.
  • My personal loan (first of three big bills I need to pay off) now has under $1000 to go.
The may have been a bad year in many ways, but it looks like it will end on an upward note :)

8 comments:

Mariann Mäder said...

Good for you!!!!!! Those are a good few reasons for you to look up, sweetie, and I'm glad for you!

Special kudos to your supervisor - she must know that she has a good co-worker on hand and it shows that she doesn't want to lose you!

Though the remark about the glorious spring weather did sting a little! Had to drive home last night in thickest snowfall and took at least three times the normal time to return from choir practice, LOL!

Melissa Hicks said...

Ooops wasn't meant to :)

That came off the back of a conversation with mum centred around "why do we have entire houses when we can only afford to heat/cool part of the house at any one time" :)

Mariann Mäder said...

I know it wasn't - was just teasing you. It's natural that there's winter up here when it's summer down there, LOL!

I've come so far that I'm point heating - just the area where I am most often. I have an underfloor heating throughout the flat, but I can influence more or less heat in the individual rooms. Takes too bloody much to keep the whole place toasty in winter...

But I tell you why we have entire houses - we need the place to store our stash(es)!

Hilary Syddall said...

It is nice that you have some good stuff coming your way Mel - you have been through the mill and then some over the last few years (I'm with swisswitch about the weather though! we had a light snowfall last night and more forecast!)

kay jones said...

How great to have a supervisor at last who will back you. Wheeeeeee. Happy to hear about the migraines too. Having suffered from them since I was 13 I really can sympathise with the misery they cause and as for your loan reduction - thats fantastic. You deserve a big well done on all counts.

Just send some of that warm weather this way; its bloody freezing and we've just had a load of snow dumped AND its only November.

Kerry Dustin said...

I know it's been a hard year or more for you; I'm so glad there are good things for you now and hopefully lots more in the future.

Laura Landis said...

Good news, Mel! I hope the health improvement continues. You certainly deserve it after all you've been through. I can't wait to hear more about the job situation. I hope they've finally realized what kind of employee they have and they appreciate you appropriately.

Sisu Lull said...

Big squeezy happy hugs Mel.
I am proud of you for getting the debt down and the house cleared a bit. And I am thankful you have a supervisor who finally values you as she should.

Post a Comment