Sunday 8 July 2007

Mel's Sunday Update


Well - what a busy week !!!!!

I got barely any stitching done.  A little on a little model stitch for Tracy (still no pics).  And about five hours on Faience (TW's The Castle SAL).

I also picked up two pieces from the framers.  Stellar from Moonflower designs.  And Catlover which my mum stitched for me as a present earlier this year.

The rest of my time was spent opening and drooling over RAKs and doing work-related stuff. Only three more days to go (well four including today) and then I've left my crappy job.  This afternoon is my last real workday!  Mon-Wed are basically chair-warming.  I've completed all reports, got the handover ready and completed my exit interview and submitted all correct forms.

Although a very very productive week, not much stitching ..... or reading {pout}  But lots of drooling - thanks to Karen, Natalie, Anita and Chele who all RAked me this week!

Many hugs to everyone
Mel.

13 comments:

Hilary Syddall said...

I can't wait to read the "I've finished work!" post :-) here's hoping for a nice quiet time, easy into the next job and then masses of stitching!

Karen R said...

Faience is looking good! Any and all progress is good progress!

Melissa Hicks said...

Wish my Dragon looked as close to finishing as yours does {wistful smile} Thanks for the encouragement {HUGS}

Natalie Mikesell said...

Great progress Mel!

Paula Hubert said...

This is looking great, Mel! And Hillary, I'm not sure she'll be able to type for a couple of days when she's done, I think she's going to be doing a HUGELY wild Snoopy Dance! {VBG}

Melissa Hicks said...

Miss Paula, not only are you devious you also know me far too well !!!!

Its Tuesday morning here and I finish 5pm Wednesday afternoon! Paul is coming over that night with at least one bottle of bubbly !!!!! I doubt I'm going to drag myself out of bed Thursday until I need to be at my dentists appointment late in the afternoon - root canal work again .....

Then shopping, haircut, taxes etc Friday and then Monday I start the first day of the new job !!!!

Paula Hubert said...

Woo Hooo!! You're even closer to the end now... I'm counting down with ya! :)

Melissa Hicks said...

Last day today! Last day today !!!!! Heading off in just under 30 mins for the final day ever !!!!! Well as a staff member anyway - I'll still be using the library as a customer !!!!

We have school holiday activities this morning - so 6-10 years olds instead of the rugrats .....

Claire EJ said...

By my clock it's 7am in Aus so Mel is about to start her last day....have fun sweets and piss 'em all off!! Big hugs.

Karen R said...

WooHoo!! HAPPY LAST DAY!!!!! I hope it's a quick one!

Melissa Hicks said...

Actually it was pretty good - various customers and staff members dropped in on their way to work, or during their lunch breaks to come and give me a hug goodbye!

A few came in together so we had a quiet little party for 20 minutes of coffee, muffins and organic dark chocolate !!!!

It was a really really sweet day!

Hilary Syddall said...

Very nice too and now a few days to recoup before you start the new exciting job!

Paula Hubert said...

That sounds like a very positive way to end your time there! Enjoy your few days off!

Post a Comment