Saturday 11 April 2009

Resounding success?

A friend recently asked if I considered the move to the other side of the country to be with my fiance Mr NTB a resounding success?

Well yes.  We haven't killed each other yet or verbally expressed a desire to end the relationship.

Taking two people who live very different lifestyles, used to living on their own ...
  • Put them in a tiny apartment where there is just no space for privacy.
  • Make them live out of suitcases without their "stuff" around them.
  • Remove the constant feline companion.
  • Make these two people share one TV and one computer.
  • Without a functioning kitchen.
  • With only one of them earning an income.
  • Oh and ratchet up the heat to over 30 degrees every day (90F)
  • With no air conditioning.
Two weeks later we don't want to kill each other, and we don't want to end the relationship.  Indeed there are still obvious signs of affection.

Yes I'd call this a resounding success :)

Today's pic is of the new comforter (doona) and pillowcase set we bought while house hunting my first weekend here.  We also bought me an octopus.  A girl needs more than one octopus.

12 comments:

Julie Dollery said...

This is indeed fabulous news. Of course I would expect nothing less from two of my highly intelligent friends. I don't make friends with quitters .
Seriously, hugs to you both, miss you both.

Jim Westlake said...

So! We'll be expecting visitations from the two of you to the old country then? Can we cope I wonder?

crabby man said...

Really? I would never have thought about owning one. I am glad there has been no death threats over the last two weeks. Have a great day!!!

Karen R said...

Sounds like signs of good things to come :) And besides, if you can find two people who both see the humor in chalk outlines as furnishings, well, let no man put asunder :)

Sisu Lull said...

I love the comforter! And now I feel like I am missing out. I only have one octopus. I guess I shall live vicariously through you, LOL.

Kerry Dustin said...

Sounds like a resounding success to me.

kay jones said...

Looks good from here. Hows the job hunting?

Melissa Hicks said...

The other octopus is Mr NTB. He is not ticklish and knows I am.

Jim - we'd love to visit you and will at some point. The only question is when :)

Julie - we both miss you and your hubby dreadfully :(

Karen - yup - love gotta love having a partner who shares my sense of humour and he even pcked out this set before I saw it and kept saying how HIS fiends would expect HIM to have something like this on his bed :)

Kay - have 8 or 9 job apps in, been on an interview for one and have an interview lined up for another.

Paula Hubert said...

This indeed sounds positive! Besides, if you can get through this bit before you move, things should go even better!

Sending "hire Gothy" vibes to Austrailia...

Rosanne Derrett said...

I only have one octopus and I can't wrestle with him because his arms are too long! Well done on successfully completing the first two weeks - these are always the hardest in any moving in period.

Jodie Hill said...

So far, so good! Glad to hear everything is working out, and I love the comforter!!

Laura Landis said...

Sounds like things are going very well! I'm so far behind on blogs I'm reading about a month and a half all at once. I'm happy to hear you're in a house and that Trubs is enjoying the windows. Your bedding is just too funny and the octopus is cute, cute, cute.

Post a Comment