Sunday 21 June 2009

Yes we are still here ...

Sorry I've been quiet all week.  Started my new job on Monday and pretty much collapsed from exhaustion Monday night.

After four months of doing stuff at my own speed and relaxing and being a hermit and not dealing with people, I started a job at a public library; which involved dealing with Teh Public (tm) and a steep learning curve.

This week also involved dealing with a communal mindset that I am not part of - namely the only two topics of conversation at work are pregnancy and the local football teams.

So I've come home mentally exhausted all week.  Oh and instead of working part-time, I worked full-time this week, and will do so for the next three weeks.  I wanted the money and the convinced the Library Manager that it will assist my learning curve :)

So this is a situation of my making - buy I'm frankly too knackered each night to chat with you guys.  Hell, I'm too knackered to stitch or cook.  No stitching since last weekend :(

It will get better as I get used to the new routines.

In the meantime, here's an album of kitty pics that Stephen took over the last fortnight.

11 comments:

Jim Westlake said...

Morning Mel. Good to hear from you, was beginning to think you'd been abducted by aliens!

Claire EJ said...

Silly man LOL.

Poor Mel sounds utterly exhausted when she texts me and looking at Trubs, I can tell she's very unimpressed with the lack of attention from her snoozing owner.

I'm sure it will all level out again soon and you'll feel more yourself. Big hugs honey! I do miss you being on here.

Sisu Lull said...

You'll get into the swing of thing Mel, just hang in there. As you learn you'll be more able to focus on your work and tune out the other 'stuff'.
(((Big hugs)))

Hilary Syddall said...

Oooh I hope you feel better soon GothTigger!

Karen R said...

You'll get there, give it time :) Switching one schedule for another is never easy. Off to look at kit pics :)

kay jones said...

Give it time girl. Going from not working to back to the grind takes a bit of getting used to. I'm sure things will fall back into place soon.
Good to hear from you - I was beginning to worry. Trubs looks well, if not slightly bemused.

There's a parcel in the post with your WW prize + something else. Off to look at the kitty pics

Melissa Hicks said...

Its Monday morning. I did a lot of organising over the weekend. Got all my clothes washed ironed and arranged for the coming week. Did a big cookup so we both have lunches for the week in the freezer (4 choices). So both those things should assist in a small way.

Anyway its 8:00am time for my short day at work to start.

Jim Westlake said...

Funny thing, it's Monday morning here as well!
Top of the morning to you my friend, hope it was a good one.

Melissa Hicks said...

'ello Jim - I see Claire hasn't murdered you yet :) :) Yeah it was a good day at work today :) No dealing with customers at all!

Jim Westlake said...

She wouldn't dare.

Jen on the other hand is a different kettle of fish altogether. ;-))

Jim Westlake said...

Life would be so much easier, and very much poorer, without customers. lol

Post a Comment