Sunday 2 August 2009

Mel's Sunday Update

Yes I have actually been stitching!!  It took throwing in a part time job *and* getting the flu to do so - but I have finally been stitching.

I stitched up a segment on Lyne's RR And a Forest Grew.  I basically did a hodge podge of motifs to finish off page two and do all of page three up to the surrounding for the wording.

Close up of motifs including mine:
Progress on Lyne's RR as it was posted onwards:

I also finally finished Part 5 on Vienna Ball.  This was a simple piece of six shades of grey with just a touch of backstitching around the vases, but it took me all month to find the time to get it done.  I finished it 2 hours before Part 9 was released :)

Part 5 Close up
Whole piece at the end of Part 5.

And that's it for this week.  Hope everyone else had a productive week stitching.




10 comments:

Paula Hubert said...

The stitching looks great!! Vienna Ball still doesn't really call to me for myself, but I'm enjoying watching yours come along. I'm thrilled to be seeing that *someone* is stitching - I've not picked up a needle for at least two weeks!

kay jones said...

Good work. Cant say that Vienna is a favourite of mine although I DO like that border and I've already commented on Lyne's elsewhere.

Glad to see you stitching again. I've done dribs and drabs here and there and finished off another "gift" plus a mail art envelope.

Lori M. said...

Vienna Ball is looking fantastic! I'm glad to hear that you're stitching!!

Melissa Hicks said...

Me too - it is such a great stress reliever for me. I get antsy and snappy when I haven't had a chance to stitch and unwind for a few days .....

Natalie Mikesell said...

The RR looked great! Vienna Ball is amazing looking too!! Sorry to hear that you had been ill. Did I read correctly that you now have two part time jobs?

Melissa Hicks said...

Had two part time jobs. Chucked one in. We were negotiating $32 per hour but the actual contract (that arrived after I started working) listed my pay at $23 per hour. Given the cost of living here - that is a huge decrease! Also it just wasn't a good workplace, people more interested in empire building than actually getting the job done. So for the first time ever I just quit and walked away.

However the extra time and the flu helped me get some stitching time back, and some cooking time and cleaning time .....

Melissa Hicks said...

My gift giving and gift stitching has really suffered this year. I just haven't done any gift stitching and very little gift giving .... I feel really bad about it but nothing is going to change in the short term, so hopefully I can make for it next year when life settles down again .... well that's what I tell myself so I don't feel too depressed about the whole thing.

Julie Dollery said...

I still need you to send me yours & Stephen's address. I have something that needs to come "snail mail" to you

Melissa Hicks said...

Sending via personal message now.

Rosanne Derrett said...

Excellent progress on all fronts. Good for you on junking the unsuitable job - no amount of pay is worth the incipient stress you would have gone through.

Post a Comment