Sunday 9 August 2009

Mel's Sunday Update

Yes for a second week in a row I have a stitching update :) :)

{Looks up - no ... no the sky isn't falling in just yet ....}

Lets see this week I'm back to working part time but then I'm also doing all the cooking, cleaning, running to the vets, getting the car registered in this state etc etc so my days are as full and certainly more draining than if I'd just been sitting at a desk full time.

But even then, these other things still have to be done, so I'm grateful for any stitching time even if it is only at night :)

I was invited to a Saturday get together at Colours Down Under yesterday.  There were six of us there and great amusement, merriment, stashing and a little stitching was had by all. I thoroughly enjoyed the day and plan to attend next month's gathering too :)

I used the time there to get a significant portion of Vienna Ball Part 6 completed.  Starting Part 7 tonight I hope.

I also stashed a little. I deliberately didn't go into the shop and just looked at what was brought by others to the table we were stitching around.  As it was I still brought home:

Hmmm - yes well.  Its my birthday next week ... I'm allowed to :)

Oh speaking of which, my mum is flying over to visit me for a week!  I"m so excited!  Mum flies in on Wednesday night after work and flies out again next Wednesday morning.

Guess I'll be spending Tuesday morning getting the house ready for visitors.

Other than that, I hope everyone else had a great week and some relaxation .....

I'm off to drool at the Polstitches site - I think I like the fabrics for the Passione Ricamo designs as much as the actual designwork ......


10 comments:

Claire EJ said...

Are you sure about that, honey?? LOL.
So glad to see you having some time to stitch again and Viennea Ball looks fab now.
Still amazes me that you have to have the car re-registered just for the other side of the same country!
Nice stashing and so glad you had a good time at Colours Down Under.
Hope Denise has a super journey across to see you.
Watch out for a purple package in the mail. It does NOT contain chocolate. Too hot to mail a gloopy mess with the handmade stuff inside the package!!!

Melissa Hicks said...

{grin} I understand about going goopy in the heat - that's why I haven't sent any care parcels your way since I started earning an income again ....

We have to get the car re-registered annually, and as I first bought it as a birthday present to myself, re-registration falls on my birthday every year .... its just that it has to be registered in the State you are currently living in. Couldn't just tell them I was still in NSW and pay the money ....

I had a great time on Saturday and can't wait to do it again ....

Paula Hubert said...

Your stitching is beautiful; I'm glad you're finding time for it. :) And being able to go to a stitcher's gathering is always a good thing!

All of the running is tiring, but I also love the sense of accomplishment when I get those things ticked off my list!

Lori M. said...

Great stitching and great stashing Mel! It's amazing how much time those "little" tasks can take.

Julie Dollery said...

Hug the Mum for me (I make it my policy to ensure all remaining Mum's get an extra hug from me).
Congrats on the stitching, a little each day to take the edge off the rountineness of life.

Natalie Mikesell said...

Vienna Ball is looking great! Getting together with other stitchers is a lot of fun!!

Karen R said...

Great stitching, and stashing!! Please tell your mum I said Hi! and I hope she's doing well and you guys have a great time together! Car registration is a PITA whenever & wherever you are - we have one in October, one in November, every year :(

Mariann Mäder said...

That sounds a bit more upbeat now! Glad that your mum is coming over, she'll be very good for you! And as she's been very quiet lately - give her my best regards!

The get-together at Colours Down Under sounds very nice, too. I'm sure you enjoy having some stitching pals around.

Nancy Murdock said...

Hope you've been having a nice time with your mom this week. Glad you had a good time at the shop and plan to go back and do it again.

Laura Landis said...

Mel, I'm glad you had such a lovely day with the stitchers. As you can tell, I'm waaaay behind so Happy (belated) Birthday! I somehow had your birthday in my head as being at a different time of year. Don't know what's up with that!!

Post a Comment