Monday 14 December 2009

Mel's Sunday Update

Wow a BIG update from me this time!

Presents Out
I have stitched two presents this year.  Both for friends who read my blog so I wont be putting up pictures until after the presents have been opened.

I took both pieces to the Grand Opening of the Colours Down Under bricks and mortar store yesterday and one was snapped up to put on the wall.  I had to apologise and snatch it back to post to my friend.  I think I might be stitching a second copy of that chart up. Pictures of the new store are here.

I have sent out a few non-stitched gifts and a few more Christmas cards to friends, so crossed fingers they all arrive in time.

Other stitching
On Halloween this year Tracy Horner of Inkcircles designs made available the chart, Four in the Bush.  As she suggested here I am stitching this with Carrie's Threads: Soot, Peach, Pina Colada, Dried Sage, and Garnet.

I'm using Carrie's silks! I'm loving these silks! They are the easiest threads I have ever stitched with! They glide through the fabric and no tangles or knots. These are the threads you have dreamed about !!!!  Anyway WIP pictures are here.

Presents In
I have received and opened my first Christmas present this year and by sheer coincidence it is from Tracy!  I purchased Reindeer Games: The Huddle and the Celtic Cat notecards from Tracy last month. When Parcel number 2 finally arrived (parcel number 1 is still lost somewhere) it contained all of these goodies:

  • A Beautiful handmade card - stunning!
  • A "Practice Safe Hex" badge {snicker} Will wear this to work!
  • A beautiful red and silver heart fob (so beautiful!)
  • The Inkcircles chart: Smell of Sulfur (my favourite)
  • Some gorgeous Carries Threads in *my* sorts of colours: Epiphany, Jewel of the Nile, Wildfire, Thanksgiving, Green and Wild Orchid!
  • Inkcircles chart: Mother Maya (which I am tempted to stitch in Wildfire!)
  • Inkcircles chart Celtic Beasties: Christmas ... or Knot (one of my all-time favourite charts)
  • Inkcircles chart Much Heralded Sampler (which includes all the medieval motifs I adore!)
  • And finally some MEL chocolate (90% bitter) It must have been made for me LOL!

Thank you so much Tracy! This is completely unexpected and just like you to be so generous! Thank you so much my friend!

Picture of this treasure trove is here.


Wow lots of things happening. How's everyone else's last couple of weeks been?

Yes I had to include an obligatory photo of Abby!  Trubs was sensibly away from the sun in this near 100oF heat!  Multiply wont let me just upload a pic to a blog entry at the moment, so there's a series of five *action shots* added to Abby's folder.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

5 comments:

Claire EJ said...

Nice update.
Abby is growing so fast. She's a pretty girl.
I'm looking at your temperatures and wishing we had even half of that. It's now 2 degrees out there and it's still chilly in the house.

Melissa Hicks said...

We're wishing we had only half of our temps too. 20C is a lovely day :) :)

Julie Dollery said...

What a pretty kitty. Xmas gift arrived yesterday (which kicked off a spate of late card writing, so thanks for that). Loved it (big virtual hug). Have to agree Carrie's threads are just fabulous to stitch with.

Mariann Mäder said...

Looks like Abby has grown into a pretty cat!

I have received a gift from you, Sweetie, a great surprise! Won't open it before Christmas though (old school, LOL!) and will certainly come back with more thanks.

Thanks in advance!!!

Paula Hubert said...

Wow, Abby has gotten so big! Great update, and good to hear what you've been up to (I know, I know, there's a severe lack of updates on my blog as well). I haven't tried Carrie's silks yet, but I hope to after the New Year.

Post a Comment