Monday 27 August 2007

Mel's Monday Update


Did no stitching on the train last week,  I tried, I had a small confetti-type piece I wanted to do, but my enthusiasm waned far too quickly !!!  I ended up reading for most of the week.  Tales of a Reading Commuter doesn't have the same ring to it.

At home (read most of Saturday and Sunday morning) I completed Part 1 of Chatelaine's Anniversary Castle Sampler (minus the beads).

My maths for working out the border were actually correct.  Its just that it turned out I had worked the maths for the inner-corner of the border and then started the outer corner of the border at that point, so the whole thing was too far to the right and too low down the fabric by 10 stitches. (The width of the larger corner block).

I did a kinda fix on the horizontal (unpicked the corner, added in one more brick and moved the corner block to the left of that) but by the time I got to the bottom of the vertical side, I couldn't be bothered and left it as is :)

I really like these Rhodes stitches and I love the Waterlillies colour used int he border too. I used three threads for the Rhodes stitches to make them stand out more - give them more of a textural change.

I haven't included any beads yet. I'll leave them until the end. I learned my lesson on Mystery IX.

5 comments:

Claire EJ said...

I love Rhodes stitches and with the three strands, Mel, they look wonderful! Love the colour, love the depth...great work.

Karen R said...

It looks wonderful - too bad you couldn't manage much on the train, but reading is always good, too! Until it cools off, that's about all I am able to do at soccer practice.

Donna Williams said...

It really is pretty, Mel. I guess I'm gonna give in and try on this one later on. I don't have the funds right now, but I do like this one.

Melissa Hicks said...

You'll succumb as soon as I post pics of Part 2 - I just know it ;)

Paula Hubert said...

Beautiful work, Mel! And sometimes, reading is just the break you need to get enthused about needles and threads again!

Post a Comment