Sunday 7 October 2007

Mel's Sunday Update


Good monring all,

Not much to relate this week.  My boss was away and the other team leader (who has been employed there longer) was put in charge.  Unfortunately it seemed like all the issues were from my area so I ended up with 90 percent of all of the extra work and he only had to put up with going to more meetings.  Also Wednesday night, although I left work at 4pm I didn't get home until after 8:30pm as the rail and road lines between work and home were closed due to a bushfire for a few hours.

So didn't get as much stitching as I would like done this week.  Ended up spending a few nights simply winding DMC floss onto bobbins while trying to stay awake .

Anyway I *did* get a little bit more done on the This Heart of Mine SAL with mum.  Update pic here.

Note that as it is black project Trub helps me along by providing much specialty floss.  I think she has it in her little kitty mind that I am making this one into a cushion for her basket!

15 comments:

Hilary Syddall said...

Sorry about the lousy week Gothy - but THOM is looking really stunning! (and inform Trub there is no way and she should stop adding extra fibres!)

Melissa Hicks said...

The Trubster's Mind at Work: Its black, its mine, I need to shed my fur onto it. Irrelevant if my staff thinks she sews wears or uses black cloth around for any other reason.

Tina Starke said...

I love these colors Mel!

Hilary Syddall said...

*snerk* don't you love the way a cat's mind works!!! After all being worshipped as a God could skew the way you look at the world!

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks Tina - working on them is quite hard on the eyes - but I think the result is worth it.

Donna Williams said...

yeah, I have to admit, Phred is part of the reason I've been dragging my feet about using the new stand. Our manager has been on vacation this past week, so I can feel your pain with Assistant Managers on Power Trips.

I do love the colors you are using on THoM, but just can't imagine doing it on black.

Gina Martin said...

Its so colorful! I love it!

Karen R said...

Hope this week goes a little smoother for you and you get some quality stitching time in :) THoM is gorgeous!

Melissa Hicks said...

Well I ended up spending Sat and Sun nights alone so I accomplished a "quality" five hours of stitching in and a mediocre 4 hours of floss winding .... so not too bad so far ...... it just wasn't on THoM.

Paula Hubert said...

This does look great, Mel, although I can see how it would be a bit tough on the eyes. I hope Trubs isn't *too* disappointed when this doesn't end up being turned into a cushion for her basket!

Melissa Hicks said...

Well I've decided it will indeed be turned into a cushion so she will find it regardless what room I hide it in ......

Claire EJ said...

THOM is perfect for a cushion shape! *if* I ever finish mine, it will be one.

Melissa Hicks said...

When or dearest DarthListMum, WHEN not if .........

Claire EJ said...

yeah, but I have to start over or have someone else finish it.
I still dislike that it's on the 28ct and not the 32 which it should have been.

Shawn Medrano said...

Love the colors in this one Mel!!

Post a Comment