Wednesday 7 November 2007

BAPXS Competition

Morning - I'm not sure either of you received this email - so many of them have bounced back at me over the past few days .....

I'm putting this as a priovate blog so I can include the attachment ....

Thanks
Mel.



Morning Tracy and Marc,

OK I think plenty of time has passed - more than enough to gather in the last of the entries to this competition.  We ended up with 16 entries. 

Tracy, thank you so much for your gorgeous design to be sent out to all of the entrants.  When your PDF is ready, do you want me to send you the list of email addresses or do you want to send me the PDF and I'll forward it on?  I'm happy with either decision from you.

Marc, I've listed all the entries on the attached document without names.  If one entry strikes *you* are being a winner - by *your* definition - whatever appeals to you, then let me know and I will inform that person that they have won a printed chart pack of their choice from you.  Or again, I can simply send you their email address and you can offer the prize directly yourself.

I'm happy either way.

I will wait until I hear from both of you before I attach the names and put this document on the BAPXS List for all to see.

Thank you both soooo much for your generosity in this  !!!!  You are both truly awesome wonderful people !!!!!!

Regards
Mel.





Mel....
 
I wish I had a freebie design ready to go.... I got nothing at this time.... Not sure if I could get one ready in time.... I wouldn't want to rush and have something NOT good and professional...BUT if you should offer a "Prize" to one winner of the "contest" I'd be more than happy to offer a chartpack of a design of mine currently in release.  It would be the winners choice.   I would rather, in this case, send them a printed chartpack itself.  
 
Up to you... Let me know if yes or no.   AND if "NO" then not to worry, my feelings would not be hurt.  
 
Huggles
Marc

-- 
Hugs
Mel (aka The Minion)
http://gothtigger.multiply.com/

"I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.." Edith Sitwell

17 comments:

Marc Davis said...

YOU are OH SO right... I didn't receive this at all.... WOW I love ALL the entries....I think you should share them with the group...some very interesting statements.... I read through first time and clicked off three...then went back and chose the one that really says it all in a nutshell... Here is MY choice of "first place" winner...the "Best of the Litter" so to speak...LOL...ENTRANT 2.... Please notify the member and give them my email addy needlemania@comcast.net so they can send me their snail mail addy and I'll get their choice of chartpack out to them.....

Marc Davis said...

YOU are OH SO right... I didn't receive this at all.... WOW I love ALL the entries....I think you should share them with the group...some very interesting statements.... I read through first time and clicked off three...then went back and chose the one that really says it all in a nutshell... Here is MY choice of "first place" winner...the "Best of the Litter" so to speak...LOL...ENTRANT 2.... Please notify the member and give them my email addy needlemania@comcast.net so they can send me their snail mail addy and I'll get their choice of chartpack out to them.....

Marc Davis said...

Do you want to provide an extra "surprise" in the name of our List Mum who thinks I called her "whacky"...LOL>>>>????? Do you want to list a second and third place winner? If so I've picked Entrant No. 14 as second place AND for her "non-succinctness" BUT very intersesting "history" of her "stitching life" HOW could we NOT acknowledge Entrant 15 and give her a third place award? So if you want to go that route please make the proper announcement and have them send me their choice and snail mail addy so that I can send them a "Fob-by-George" (my choice of fob to send)? I'll leave the added "awards" decision up to you....IF you want to go that route...IF not we can hold off on the fobs and they will be available for a subsequent contest....UP to YOU.

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks Marc,

I was holding off posting these to the list until after I heard from you and Tracy lets me know the pdf is ready to go ...

then I was going to upload these (with names) to the files, send out the pdf and announce your prizes (es?) all with the same fanfare ...

I'll include ListMum here and see what she says about second and third prizes ......

Tracy H said...

Hi Mel, Multiply is not keeping me up to date and I am way behind on emails! I admit to having backburnered the final stage of the project since your note this weekend. It is night here now - the last step is floss tossing, which can only happen in good daylight. I will send you a file in the (my) am.

Melissa Hicks said...

Its OK Tracy - you have so many more things going on in your life - it can wait a few more days !!!

Claire EJ said...

Ok, so number two just must be Sisu...sniff......
Number 15 must be Karen....all those words...
Number 12...I have absolutely no clue who that is but bloody hell, that one made me cry and would be my winner.
But my number one winner is the one person who isn't in the document and it's Mel for being the super friend and minion that she is...I'd love to read your thoughts Missy!
Let me know who you kids choose as winners and I'll go through my fabric stash and send out a nice piece to 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Claire EJ said...

Thank goodness I only cry through the one eye...I can carry on reading through the other:)

Claire EJ said...

Whacky is good, it's my natural state of being...but hmmm, I'd still swear it was me you were calling a "Whacko".

Melissa Hicks said...

I say lets hand out presents and hang the expense.

Marc - for you first place was Entrant 2. Chart pack to Sisu.

Claire - for you first place was Entrant 12. Claire to send fabric to Jodie.

Second place Entrant 14 - fob by George? This is HeyPaula

Third place Entrant 15 - fabric from Claire? This is, as you guessed, Karen.

Or does Paula already have a Fob by George and therefore should we swap second and third prizes?

As for *my* comments ???? I'd just go find a previous email I sent out about this list being like Claire's virtual lounge room I guess. I'm not a word smith, that's why I didn't enter my own comp.

I'll even forgive you for calling me Missy!

Melissa Hicks said...

I'll upload the whole document and announce the prizes as soon as Tracy gets to back to us (and I'm home).

Claire EJ said...

Snorts.....I have great fun calling you all sorts of names:)

I'm happy to send out three pieces of fabric.....do we have more than one Jodie??

Tracy H said...

I sent you all the pdf file. I don't know if it would let me attach it here.

Melissa Hicks said...

OK emails regarding prizes have all been sent out, the file has been uploaded tot he BAPXS file folder and a general email has been sent out to the list.

And yes Claire I even added my two cents at the bottom, just for you.

Thank you so very very very much from the bottom of my heart to the three of you for your generosity of spirit, your generosity of talent and your generosity in a mercenary manner :) :)

I greatly appreciate all your assistance in this endeavour.

And Claire, Happy Third Anniversary!

Claire EJ said...

Last person on the doc is Terri....I don't see yours on there at all.
It's funny though, so many of them are from different people than I expected. I knew Mariann's, Meg's and Karen's but the rest really threw me LOL.
I love what you've done, Mel! Thank you

Melissa Hicks said...

Nah I added my two cents on the email I sent accompanying it - I also apparently wasn't very good with getting my meaning across. I read it out to Paul and he didn't understand my intention at all and we quarrelled over what he took to be my meaning vs what I was trying to say.

Claire EJ said...

Well, you know my usual opinion of Paul. Apart from when he's cooking dinner for you or giving you a foot massage, he's a W***er.

Would be very unusual for you to not get your meaning across.

Post a Comment