Monday 12 November 2007

Mel's Sunday Update on Monday


Afternoon all,

I'm "doing a Karen" and writing my weekly update in my lunch break at work :) :)

Not much stitching to report this week - I've been struggling with Hilary's cats and am about to give up on them in disgust - they're so small and yet they are becoming a BAP !!!  No end progress worthy of a photo.

Just so I had *something* to report this week, here's an update on CherryTree Designs Fire Dragon

I completed Water Dragon from beginning to end in three days of train travel.  This time I've taken over two weeks and I still haven't finished the outline stitching.

I think stitching-wise I'm having trouble adjusting to Daylight savings hours and I've had social going out nights at least two or three times a week so I'm pretty much exhausted the rest of the time.  That side of it is only going to get worse as we get closer to the present-giving-silly-season so its a good thing I decided against any last-minute stitched gifts this year.

Stash-wise is a whole 'nother ball game!  did lots and lots of stashing last week!

First there were the RAKs from Claire and Denise and Mariann (and a late notification of the RAK from Debbie).

And after all of that goodness - I received two presents that I ordered for myself.

The first is the Fall Collaboration Pack from Dinky Dyes, Polstitches, Carrie's Creations, Ozark Sampler, Jayne's Attic and Kiwi Illusions.  This pack contained three pieces of hand dyed fabric, lots of hand dyed threads and many many charts to use these wonderful items on ....  do click on the 2272x1704 at the bottom of the picture to bring this up big so you can see allll the glory of this pack !!!!

The second stashing was from SilkweaverSilkweaver had a grab bag sale on over Halloween. I bought two small packages intending one for mum. Later that night I was speaking to mum on the phone, only to ind that with her new-found Internet shopping skills she had already ordered a package for herself. So woe is me! I was *forced* to keep both packages .....

I can see some of these going back out as Xmas gifties .....

Hope everyone else is having a good week :) :)

2 comments:

Hilary Syddall said...

Mel - forget about my cats and just send them back! I just received my Fall Collaboration pack and have been drooling over it!

Paula Hubert said...

Fun stashing, Mel!

Post a Comment