Monday 17 January 2011

The long dormant frog plague

This morning, after dropping mum off at the airport, I thought I would put a couple of stitches into this project before I got on with my day.

This is a Britty Kitty project I started but for some reason never finished while I was commuting on the train a few years ago now.

I started stitching away and discovered that the stitching wouldn't line up.  I frogged my stitching and went back a few more rows until the mistake was obvious and then put it all back in again.

And it still would not line up.  I took all of it back out, frogged a few more rows again, and put it all back in.

It still didn't line up.  I frogged all of it, and then kept frogging until I had taken out three quarters of the design.  Then I sat and stitched it all up.  And as can be seen, the cat is stitched. At 5:30pm this afternoon.

Not quite the day I had planned.  And definitely reminded me why I usually insist that I frog *before* I put a piece away so it doesn't contain mistakes to trap me next time.

Well this is what being on holidays is all about, right?

EDITED to add: Well I found the album for this WIP and um ooops now I know why I didn't finish it now .... oh well .... {surreptitiously sidles off the stage}

15 comments:

Janine Smith said...

Of course it is and as a reward I have to tell you that at long last my Enchanting Lair order arrived and I have the dragon chart you ordered and some very yummy fabric here. I think I will be snaffling some of it for myself.
Janine

Karen R said...

Well, he looks great - so good thing you worked through it :) Sometimes it's good to forget until later...

Kimberly Fawn said...

Very Cute :) I love the Britty Kitties :) I'm sorry you had so much frogging to go with it.

Michele Anderson said...

Ugh, I think I would of thrown this across the room before being able to frog it that many times! But good job on being determined to get it right cus it looks really cute.

Jodie Hill said...

Hate the frogging, but love the kitty!! Miss Em would like me to stitch them all for her (imagine that!). Great kitty!!

Paula Hubert said...

It's adorable now.. and glad you resolved the issue. I can't stand putting away something that needs to be frogged .. but I did it to myself a bit ago with Fish City. But like your kitty, it's been fixed now.

Mariann Mäder said...

Totally cute kitty, but the way it sounds you probably stitched it like twice over :-)

Melissa Hicks said...

Woot! I'll be down to fondle the fabric on Friday :) :)

Melissa Hicks said...

More like three times over :( In retrospect it would have been better to just toss it and start again - but I didn't know that when I picked it up yesterday :)

Terri England said...

Looks great. Glad you picked it up again

Julie Dollery said...

Looks great Where do you people FIND all these great patterns???

Melissa Hicks said...

Well I could tell you, but that would lead to "stitching sites which leads to wish-lists which leads to spending too damned much on my credit card" and I wouldn't do that you :)

Seriously, I bought this one on a whim when doing some Black Friday sales shopping a few years ago - it was a shop specific design but I'm darned if I can remember which shop it was.

I can send you the chart when I'm finished with it if you like? It is a Britty Kitties by Brittercup Designs .... http://www.brittercupdesigns.com/catalog.html

Julie Dollery said...

Good lord, the last thing I need is another chart. But thx :-)

Melissa Hicks said...

I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean. I see the words. I read the words. But there's just no meaning there .....

Sisu Lull said...

My old LNS had this as a freebie too. It was a shop freebie, but not a particular shop. I think my LNS didn't kit it up with the ladybug button, so I just stitched a ladybug.

Post a Comment