Sunday 13 August 2006

Life is what happens ...


... when you are busy making plans.

I forget who said that. I also thought I'd stopped worshiping Loki a while ago - I guess every now and then he decides to pop back into my life for a little while.

I selected this house in this suburb because the house has a great vibe, its a good price, I can get broadband and it is sooo much closer to work.

I have recently found out that:
a. I cannot get broadband here! The company has removed all relocation costs because one of their representatives lied to me!

b. Its not closer to my work - because my boss is now moving me! I've had my 12 months in Tech Services, and I've made so many innovations and efficiency savings that he can send me out to nappy-valley and put the previous incompetent back into the position. Now that I've fixed up all of his mistakes, soothed all of the customers and suppliers alike and generally improved the service above all expectations, surely the dick head can keep it that way, right? Oh is my boss in for a big big shock!

And as my substantive position is a Branch Librarian then that is where I must be. No recognition for all the extra work I am doing at TS, all my cataloguing and filling-in (both of which the incompetent does *not*have the skills for - he simply hasn't had the training or the brainpower to use the training even if he did receive it!), the friends I've made, the fact I moved house to be closer to this location. None whatsoever.

And I don't even get my old branch back. I go out to Nappy valley and play with all the kiddies and single mums. Ooooh I'm going to warp all of their council-estate type minds! Yes I am a woman over the age of 16, I have a good job and I choose not to have children. Oooh I'll fit right in!

c. My medical issues have not resolved and now I have a sore wrist on top of it - I think I've pulled or damaged a tendon or something. It hurts to do many things and yes it is my right wrist and yes I am right-handed and yes it *is* my stitching hand.

d. I locked myself out of the house this morning, so I went and found my owner (who lives in the same street) and borrowed her set of keys to get back in. I find out that she was broken into Friday night and it was probably done by the neighbours on my left. What I thought was a family with teenage children is actually two brothers (late teen and early 20s) living there alone with their mates! Mummy owns the house but doesn't live there and basically lets her darlings do whatever they like! They are apparently the terror of the street and are regularly suspected of breaking into other people';s homes and cars - especially after said other people have had a go at them for playing loud music late in the night - parking in other people's car parks etc etc.

Can I scream in frustration please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, I do still have a job, I might be negotiating a slight pay rise based on all of the work I have done, I still love the feel and vibe of my house, I love coming home to it at night and I still have most of my health. And Trubby loves this place! She is so settled and happy compared to the last!

Oh and at least I;m not being sent to the main branch! I was Officer in Charge there this afternoon and was once again was verbally assaulted and threatened by on of the patrons - a man who is convinced he is the living reincarnation of Michael Huchence - the dead lead singer of the band INXS. Is it full moon time? I rang security - and got an answering machine. I rang my boss (the Library Manager) and got his voice mail. I rang the Council Rangers and was told to ring the Police. Then my boss rings back and Mr "Huchence" walks out the door. I gave my boss a verbal report and then followed it up with a written report.

One of the other patrons walked up to me and said "You;ve upset my friend. I'd be very careful not to do that again, you never know what my friend might decide to do - he doesn;t follow your laws". Gee really ????

Sigh! I'm off to get some dinner and get over my rant .... sorry to anyone who has read all the way to the bottom!

So should I start Part 8 of Mystery IX or part 1 of Midi Mystery II?

Mel.




8 comments:

Natalie Mikesell said...

Oh Mel! After that kind of week, you should do whichever one makes you feel the best :-) Especially if it means getting to start a new project! I guess that I would still try to give it some time, it sounds like your boss likes to move you around from job to job. Maybe this other person will goof their job up again and you can move back to that department for good? Good luck with getting the raise!

Hilary Syddall said...

Wowser! what a week you had, here's hoping the raise is sufficient to make up for the fact that your boss seems incompetant as well!

Personally I would work on both of them! but hey that's just me
LOL

The Dragon

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks guys, my supervisor is going to fill out the paperwork tomorrow, so we will see how much we can aim for. My previous supervisor hates me (I'm not Christian dontcha know!) and she hasn't allowed through the standard pay rises everyone else has gotten for the last three years. I am the lowest paid Branch Librarian in our system - including those who started working here after me! My current supervisor is very supportive and he will try to push through those grade increases for me. However, my boss (the stupid one who is supporting both the incompetent and wants to sleep with my previous supervisor) may not approve them anyway.

And yes my boss is vain and stupid. He cares nothing for his staff and yet grovels to the councillors so they let him stay in the job.

I started Part 8 of Mystery IX last night - only a little because of my sore wrist.

Michele Anderson said...

Oh what a horrible week! (((HUGS))))!!!! I sure hope you get your raises because it sounds like you both earned, deserve them and that they should have been yours a while ago!!

Glad you are settling into the new house! I love new houses with all their possibilities!! As for the neighbors, I sure hope they don't prove to be too much of a problem. You would think the Police would eventually be able to DO something if they guys are as bad as your neighbor says they are! Cross my fingers that they leave your house alone.

Hope your wrists heals soon. It is no fun to be in pain when it comes to stitching! I probably would of opted for a new project just to boost my day after such a horrible week! But Mystery IX is looking awesome!

Luv and Hugs,
Michele

Donna Williams said...

Yes, actually, there WAS a full moon this weekend! Sounds like it affected everything about your work week.

Hugs to you, Hon!

Kimberly Fawn said...

Ditto what Tegan said about the full moon. This might be tacky to say but I find it funny that someone would want to admit to being the reincarnation of a guy who was rumored to have killed himself accidentally whilst ummm... being his own best friend.

Anyway here's to hoping next week is better! *huggles*

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks all for your words of encouragement and support! You guys are great!

Gina Martin said...

My goodness! What a time you are having. I sure hope it gets better soon.

Post a Comment