Friday 3 November 2006

Stitching stuff


Well gee - not much of that happening lately :)

I spent most of yesterday putting my threads and beads into Organised Expressions and then caught up on my Bones and Stargate watching. I did hold Cirque in my hand while doing that, but not much stitching got done.

DK came for a visit today to do some stitching - bit instead we chatted, discussed hoops versus lap frames, checked out my new stash (its now germ free) and then went out for lunch and shopping. Still a very good day and it was great to catch up with her in person :)

We'll need to plan a stitching day where we sit and stitch soon. Oh DK did lend me a scroll frame for Mystery IX - so I can continue work on it now - it was simply getting far too big and unwieldy in the hoop - and I couldn't work on it for more than a few minutes at a time before my hand hurt from holding it. so I'll move that onto the scroll frame and get a move back on that tonight.

I'm running way behind on Mystery IX now - I'm still ont he first corner of the stitching on Part 9 and Part 11 has just been released! I refuse to look at Part 11 until I finish part 9 - gee I wonder how long *that* resolve will last :0

Oh and DK did help me count them up - I have 9 WIPs/UFOs. Only 9 and they slated in my rotation starting next year - I wont get all 9 done, but they are organised into the rotation so that I wont feel guilty about them :)

Oh and I've decided I need to start Cirque again - I just *adore* what Marc did with his! See link here! Except that I think it's upside down in this pic

Hugs all - hope your last two days have been as pleasant as mine - I'm off to work tomorrow for 6 days straight!




4 comments:

Paula Hubert said...

It sounds like a fun day to be sure, Mel! And definitely what you needed [smile]. I just wish I was able to meet you and DK in person, and have one of those afternoons with you! I love the way Mark's Cirque came out, too - the golds in that piece remind me of a mellowed/antiqued piece of brass or gold.

Melissa Hicks said...

Paula - oh yes that's exactly why I loved Marc's version! It looked so antique and wonderful {sigh} And yes DK and I need to spend a day just sitting and stitching - all welcome :) Except the germ police of course :)

Tracy H said...

Wish I could join you for the stitch-in. Your Cirque is looking great, and I'm glad to hear you have a rotation schedule all planned out. I don't think I could stick to my schedule, so I don't bother making one. Cheers.

Melissa Hicks said...

Oh don;t expect too much :) It will be my first go at a rotation that isn't "screaming" so we will see how it goes - it may not even last through January :) And of course its all subject to change - if something else becomes a higher priority :) :) :)

Post a Comment