Sunday 3 June 2007

Dogwood Square is finished !!!!

Well this is my Sunday update.  I worked six very very long days in a row (instead of taking Friday and Saturday off as planned) so I spent each night stitching until my eyes gave out.  Finally just past 11am this morning, I finished Dogwood Square.

I wash and iron most pieces before putting away. This time one of the colours bled.  Nothing major, the water was pink for almost a minute.  I just kept the blood-temp water running over it until the water ran clear.  Then ironed it dry.

I used Carrie's threads for this project and I advise everyone to learn from my mistake and follow Carrie's directions of rinsing the threads before use!

Pics in my Dogwood Square album and my Finished album.

The pics in Dogwood Square album shows a finished picture and a ready for framing picture - to show that there was no colour loss due to the bleeding.

OK off to breakfast, shower and get dressed for the day ..... and eventually dig out Faience to resume work on tomorrow ....

9 comments:

Hilary Syddall said...

Woo hoo! well done Mel!

Donna Williams said...

Oh wow... how lovely! Wish I could put the books down long enough to do something so fabulous. I just can't do it. I get a good book in my hands and that's it... I'm done.

Julie Nemitz said...

It is just wonderful Mel. I'm so happy that you got it finished. You needle must have been smokin', lol. Great job, and congrats to you!!

Michele Anderson said...

Oh so cool to see the two next to each other here! I was toggling back and forth between them on another page! I love the open look of the project without the filled in stitching. But it definitely adds a whole new dimension to it when it is done! Simply WOW!

Chele

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks ladies. Chele that's *why* I put both pics on the one page. I was soooo very very tempted to stop when I had finished all the main motifs. As Hilary I think said, we were worried that the background stitching would reduce the effectiveness of some of the vine work. But instead its added a whole new dimension to the piece. I'm very very glad that I completed the whole thing now.

And yes my hands and my body are very very tired :)

Christine Harrison said...

Beautiful job. Yeah, I have also learned the hard way with Carrie's threads.

Natalie Mikesell said...

I just love this pattern! You did a beautiful job Mel :)

Paula Hubert said...

Great job! And I really do love this done in Carrie's threads.. I'll be doing mine in those!

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks ladies - I am really pleased that I worked through solidly on this one - otherwise it might have ended up in my never ending WIP pile :) :)

Post a Comment