Sunday 17 June 2007

Mel's Sunday Update

I have the flu and I have a migraine and I'm shaking with a fever and I feel awful so I'll keep this brief before my head explodes ...

I have loaded pics of Teegs lovely RAK of book, card and floss in my RAKS album.  I adore the personalised signing and the book is fabulous.  If you haven't read this series yet - you must !!!

I've also loaded a WIP pic of the Party Cat I've been working on.  Its in its own album.

  Debbie so kindly RAKed me with this one, and seeing my good news a little while ago, I thought a simple bright boldly coloured stitch was the way to go.   As you know I still had the flu (which is *why* I'm stitching it on cardboard Aida - well that's *my* story). I then lost power and telephone for a while, so I was dark and cold for another six nights.  I can't stitch by torchlight when its too cold to feel my fingers.  So most of this progress was done in the past few days.  And of course getting caught out in the rain again in the past few days (and getting soaked to the skin) and losing my electricity again last night (it came back on around lunchtime today) means that the flu/cold has come back with a vengeance.  I'm shortly having some dinner and going straight to bed. 

6 comments:

Karen R said...

Jeez! I hope you get over this flu quick this time - you deserve a break! I was like that the year before last with colds; I'd get over one and a week later, be right back where I was, and I didn't have nearly the adverse circumstances you've had lately! Sending many healing vibes to you, though it doesn't appear to be affecting your needle too much - Party Cat is gorgeous, so far! Hot tea with honey & lemon for Ms. Gothy, and keep 'em coming!

Lee-Ann Evans said...

Love, love, love Party Cat! It is soooo colorful! Oh, and add a shot of whiskey to that tea Karen's talking about. That's what my dad used to do when I was little. It'll help you sleep. :) I guess that would probably be considered child abuse now! LOL

Melissa Hicks said...

This is a different bug from the first one! This one has a large sinus component and yucky stuff coming out my nose. The last one was mainly a throat infection ..... I hate sinus infections they hurt too much!

Paula Hubert said...

Poor Gothy!! I hope the tea and rest help loads!

Karen R said...

In that case, I recommend something with jalapeno or some other chili peppers in it; if you can't medicate it out, you can just burn it out! And a nice tea to soothe the burns :) HMMM... I don't suppose my enchiladas would travel very well - they always make my head feel better when I have sinus crap (which is about 1/3 of the year, here in Sinus Valley).

Melissa Hicks said...

Pseudoephadrine and ibuprofen are my friends !!!!!! Make me feel sooo much better!

Post a Comment