Sunday 2 September 2007

Mel's Sunday Update

First up I'd like to apologise - no Tales of Stitching Commuter this week. I've had a few health issues this week and am feeling rather blah so my muse has fled for safer company I think :)

I only went to work Wed-Fri this week and spent most of my time on the train sleeping ...

I did however, get some stitching in on Monday and Tuesday while I was home and I have all the cross stitching completed on Castle Anniversary Sampler.

I finished the cross stitching Friday night before I fell asleep.

Yesterday I was feeling restless, I wasn't up to starting the specialty stitches on CAS yet I wasn't up to starting Faïence either .... so I hauled out one of the M Designs word ornaments Rejoice.  I bought the fabric for four of these during the recent PTP sale and this was the only one I have all the floss, beads and treasure for.

Only problem is, I am using the floss called for in the  chart - but it doesn't look anything like the floss in the cover picture !!!!  The floss in the cover pic has a definite blue parts of the variegated and Thread Gatherer Mississippi Mud definitely does not !!!

Wonder if the Thread Gatherer has changed its colouring for that floss or whether M Designs made an error on the chart.  Its weird because the beads it calls for are bronze in colour and the treasure is a topaz coloured star ..... So it all works together - it all just looks wrong!

Still deliberating whether to continue in the colours I've started or whether to change them out for others ....

This coming week is Faïence week and I will hopefully be starting the Papillon Historic Countries Mystery on the train this week.  I thought it was time I pushed myself into trying larger projects on the train and this, with its single colour motifs sounds like a perfect way to start!  And hey, if it all goes wrong at least I have something to put in a Tales from a Stitching Commuter column :)

OK I've had it, I'm off back to bed for another few hours :)

3 comments:

Hilary Syddall said...

Hope you feel better soon Gothy! I hope to put some more stitches in the two I have for you soon but I can't concentrate just yet :-(

Paula Hubert said...

I hope you're feeling better! The Anniversary Sampler looks wonderful.. and your stitching is great on Rejoice, but I'm not so sure what I think of the colors so far...

Karen R said...

Hope you are feeling better - at least I was feeling puny right along with you this time, though I think I am on the upswing, finally! Don't think I sneezed or coughed today - yay me!

Post a Comment