Thursday 20 September 2007

Pearl Beach Arboretum




This is local - but we;ve never been there before. Last Saturday was such a gorgoeus day - you can see the blue skies in a lot of the pictures that we wanted to go out. So P and I went for a wander in the arboretum for the first time. We had so much fun taking pictures trying to make my point and shoot automatic do the types of artistic shots we wanted. Anyway here are some of the OK pics for those of you that don't see native Australian vegetation to enjoy. And yes most of these pictures were trying to be artistic rather than botanical in nature. None have been touched up or in other way edited - not even cropped.

18 comments:

Mariann Mäder said...

Love that path! It must be wonderful to stroll around here!

Claire EJ said...

Great shot!

Claire EJ said...

The light in this one is incredible....loving the contrasts of the dead and the live leaves.

Claire EJ said...

Talk about the perfect day.

Wonderful sky and the contrast through the bark is great!

Claire EJ said...

Wow, look at those veins...
Mel, you are getting soooo good at this!!

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks. I literally laid down on the ground to get this shot - shooting directly up into the sky.

Melissa Hicks said...

P took this one - took only about a half dozen shots to get just the right look.

Melissa Hicks said...

Nah - P took this one too! I do great contrast and sky shots - but he is much better than I am at focusing on the foreground and fading out the background. Much better at macro shooting then me. So far ....

Melissa Hicks said...

This is one of my shots - its my favourite I think :)

Karen R said...

Great sunshine dappling through the trees!

Karen R said...

Look at that blue - very cool shot!

Karen R said...

Great colors...

Karen R said...

That sky doesn't even look real - that's the kind of blue we had out in New Mexico. I miss that...

Karen R said...

Looks like a day well spent! Sometime when I don't have network issues, I'll go through them again, slowly - haven't gotten to your spring ones yet, either :(

Melissa Hicks said...

That sky is most deli finitely really that colour blue! Its one of things I love most about Australia - the blue blue blue of the skies ......

Claire EJ said...

We never get it *that* blue....Only seen it like that on vacation in the Caribbean. Tortola has that blue...we loved it. Very jealous....

Paula Hubert said...

I really like this one - great pic!

Paula Hubert said...

I like this one, too - and what a fabulous blue :)

Post a Comment