Sunday 30 September 2007

Mel's Sunday Update

No stitching on the train this week - so no Tales I'm afraid.  I only worked four days this week, but I worked my tail off and put in long hours so I slept and read on the train ...

I did get some stitching done.  No more on the ThoM SAL unfortunately.  I did finished one project, but as its a gift, I can't show pictures here.



In other news, I received a late birthday gift from Sue in Oregon.  On one of the lists a little while ago, Tracy posted the link to a place that had a medieval pheasant chart on special - I was disappointed to find the international postage was prohibitive. Sue bought it anyway and sent it to me as a late birthday present. Thank you Sue.  Sue also, a while ago now, sent me the instructions on how best to do the back stitching on Party Cat.  I have to find some time soon to get this one finished off!



Also this week I received a RAK from KarenWalmart in the US was having a sale on DMC, 10c per skein. Karen offered to grab me some. She waived away payment as it was a "little" handful. Little ??? She sent me somewhere around 100 skeins here! That's not my idea of little!




Also from Karen this week, I received a chart I bought in a trade from her. Not only did she send the chart, she also sent the specialty floss that came with it out of her own stash.  Isn't she sweet!

And that's it from the Tigger this week. Hope everyone else had a good stitching week - I'm off to threaten bodily harm to my neighbours who stupidly let their Labrador puppy out and then he goes wandering and then they wake up the whole area by calling for him at the top of their lungs for streets and hours until they find him.  They do this every. single. day!  They aren't bright people.

5 comments:

Karen R said...

Ewww, I like that pheasant chart - I think I've seen a version of that somewhere before! Can't wait to see the finish of Party Cat - he's so cute!

Hilary Syddall said...

Oooh like the pressies and the RAK (go Karen!), do you have something like the RSPCA and can report the lackwits that live near you? sounds like a clear case of Animal Neglect to me!

Denise Hicks said...

Hey Mel, lovely goodies you received this week for birthday, Rak and trade. look forward to seeing them stitched.
Mum

Claire EJ said...

Great piles of floss!

Pheasant chart looks very interesting and very you. Lovely!

Paula Hubert said...

I love seeing bunches of floss like that :) And the chart definitely screams "Gothy"!

Post a Comment