Thursday 27 July 2006

Bird of Paradise - FINISHED!



Well we gave up any and all moving stuff last night and sat and stitched. Mum worked on her bookmark and completely finished it. Including the fraying of the edges and attaching the ribbon.

She then gave it to me saying "here, now you have a piece that's yours instead of you giving all yours away, I've given you one!"

I was quite surprised! But then again it would be like my mum to give me a bookmark right when all of my books are packed!



7 comments:

Natalie Mikesell said...

What a thoughtful gift :) Your mum is very sweet!

XXXX YYYY said...

Nicely finished! BOP looks so cute and very pretty colours. So what's next for *Mum*?

Donna Williams said...

It's lovely! Lucky you, to have a Mum that stitches! Mine crochets and while I'll never run out of afghans, something stitched would be fun.

Tracy H said...

I love him. What a fun little pattern, and so nice of your Mum. But what is that I hear about the librarian with no books around? Better go buy one or check one out. I am reading _Ella_Minnow_Pea right now and would recommend it, if you haven't read it.

Mariann Mäder said...

That's very cute, Mel! Very nice of your mum, too!

Melissa Hicks said...

Morning all, Mum's been reading your comments and says to say "Thank you all very much". She has a huge smile on her face.

Gina Martin said...

What a lovely bookmark! So colorful!

Post a Comment