Friday 14 July 2006

Sooo tired .....


Its Friday night. Late. I am moving in 13 days and I have 3 days only that I am not working. That is next Friday and then the following Monday and Tuesday.

Since I last posted an update, I have finished organising my xstitch stash. All the charts are together and in folders. All the kits and partial kits (where I have bought the chart and fabric and maybe threads separately) are all in their own little plastic pouches, so anytime I want to work on a new project, I can now see at a glance, which ones are fully kitted up and ready to start working on ;)

All are now packed. all charts, all kits, all extra threads and fabric. All my mountains of magazines. All organised and packed. I've also organised and packed my entire 3000 plus comics collection. I've also packed my sewing fabric stash.

Just the rest of the books and the soaping supplies to go and then all the hobbies will be packed. And then onto the rest of the house:)

Monday night I crashed out. Tuesday was packing. Wednesday night I returned some furniture back to some friends (who live 2 hours drive away each way). Thursday night I rested and stitched. Friday morning was the usual Friday cleaning, washing etc. Friday afternoon was out all afternoon dealing with a financial adviser. Friday night I finished sorting and packing the cross stitch stash, moved on and packed all magazines and then all comics.

Tired and going to bed now .... am working all day tomorrow - 9am until 4pm and then friends are coming over to watch last week's and this weeks Dr Who episodes. So no packing tomorrow .....

Mel.




6 comments:

Gina Martin said...

Moving is always such a busy time. Try to rest when you can.

XXXX YYYY said...

Is there any way you could get a little extra time off of work??? Sounds like you need it muchly. And can (ack!) Paul and his Mum help at all??
{{{Mel}}}

Melissa Hicks said...

Frankly I'm taking off all the weekday time they will allow. 2 weeks at such short notice was stretching the friendship as it was :) This weekend is my scheduled weekend to work. There's noway to get out of that unless I call in dead. And next weekend is all overtime, I can;t afford to pass up the opportunity for the extra moolah.

I'll get there, I'm just very very tired. This morning now even more tired than last night. I'll explain more in my next post - a vent at the neighbours!

Paul and his mum are having domestic issues at the moment so I'm leaving them both well alone. They have a *very* close relationship and I don;t want to turn into a surrogate mummy for the boy. He'll be over tonight (Sat night) as per usual and he'll come over early while I'm at work and move some packed boxes to the garage for me, hopefully vacuum the main areas and he will get dinner on for the impromptu dinner and Dr Who party I'm throwing this evening.

With the packing, if worst comes to worse, Mum will help me when she turns up and we just box it all up and take it over to the new place and I can sort and cull further from there as time goes on. As mum told me on the phone last night, she's moved me sooo many times before she has the routine almost down pat and we can get it done between the two of us during the time we are here as long as we can get a hand lifting boxes (cue Paul and some of tonight's dinner companions).

Mum is a professional carer and respite worker. As she points out, she can have my old house ready for final inspection in less than 4 hours - she does massive amounts of housework in a short time regularly and knows all the tricks to get it done efficiently. She then went on ti point out how yucky many of the places were so I know mine's not in a bad shape.

God bless mums!

Paula Hubert said...

I will second your last statement!! Mine has been invaluable every time I've moved. You sound like you're making good progress; I wish I was close enough to give a hand with the packing. (I'd volunteer James to help with lugging the boxes, though LOL) I'm just ever so thankful that we were able to afford a moving company this time; we did all the packing and unpacking, but they did all of the lifting and moving stuff! There's still a lot to do, but get some rest as best you can! {{{Mel}}}

XXXX YYYY said...

Here's hoping your party can piss off a few of the hideous neighbours with a little noise revenge.
Glad Paul can be around to shift some heavy stuff. That's a huge help.
Hoping you're having huge amounts of fun and thinking how sad you all are for having a Dr Who party .....
Smooches, C xx

XXXX YYYY said...

Yer Mum's a star...tell her I said so :)

Post a Comment