Sunday 16 July 2006

Sunday update



Oooh what an interesting 36 hours since my last update.

Yesterday morning I signed off and headed to work. Had an OK day - worked 9:00am until 4:00pm. One of the main friends coming to dinner ended up working with me all day so that was fun. She also sympathised about my neighbours and bought me lots of coffee :) A fun day. Then at 4:00pm we herded the last of the customers out and started to lock up. The front main sliding doors would not lock.

Long story short version, our boss could not be contacted via mobile phone so we rang the locksmith directly and I hung around by myself until they turned up. Paul got worried about me being on my own, as it was not the best part of town and the less-desirables come out after dark (5pm as we are in winter here). The locksmith arrived at 5:30pm and took 5 mins to fix it.

Got home at 6pm - when the party was due to start. I hadn't cleaned, vacuumed or got dinner started !!!! Neither had Paul as he stayed near the library waiting for me.

Everyone else was late too - so we got a very frantic tidy and vacuum done. The others turned up at 6:45pm so we popped the DVD of the first episode on. That finished 5 minutes after episode 2 had started on the TV so we caught the friends up, then they all settled in to watch it while I went out to our favourite Indian restaurant and bought some take-away.

Good food, good wine (supplied by the guests) and great desserts (also supplied by the guests). Lots of discussion on the new series. Had a ball, the party finished around 11:30pm.

Needless to say I went to bed a few minutes later. Paul stayed up. The neighbours were having a quiet night thankfully. Then I was rudely awoken around 3:30am when the Police turned up and spoke to the neighbours. They didn;t turn up the night they were being rowdy and having their domestics, no they turned up the night after!

I woke up with a screaming headache! I took a couple of paracetamol with water, which made me very nauseous. Paul came to bed at that point and cuddled me until I slept.

i awoke at 7:30 and Paul again cuddled me and stroked my face and hair until I slept again. I awoke finally at 10:30am feeling well rested. I've been so tired this last week.

Went to work at midday, home by 5pm. Paul and I have packed the rest of the contents of my filing cabinet, my DVDs and my music - and more boxes of my non-fiction books. Paul also very kindly took lots of the packed boxes out to the garage. Oh and I washed up from the dinner party.

Paul is currently making dinner and I've been ordered to sit down and rest - hence the blogging :) I think I might go stitch for a while now.

Hugs
Mel




10 comments:

Paula Hubert said...

WOW - definitely an interesting several hours!! I'm glad you had fun, and that Paul was there to help out while you got some time to relax!

Gina Martin said...

Wow is right!

Tracy H said...

Glad things worked out well in the end. Catherine is looking great and it sounds like packing is coming along. Was this the Dr. Who marathon? I just loved that show, but we don't get it any more - no cable, no BBC, :-( Who is your favorite Doctor?

Melissa Hicks said...

HI Tracy, No, this was the current season of Dr Who. Although the BBC have just finished screening, Australia has just started ..... last week we missed the first episode to go out the see Pirates of the Caribbean with friends. So this week the same friends came over to my place, watched episode one and as they finished, episode 2 came on the TV. After that we ordered some Indian takeaway and discussed the 2 episodes and our favourite Dr Who memories etc.

My favourite doctor was Jon Pertwee (the 3rd Dr). A comment was made that our favourite Doctors were usually our first doctors :) And Pertwee was the first episodes I saw as a young child.

My favourite companions were Leela (such a directness to her!) and Sarah Jane. Sarah Jane and K9 will actually be in an upcoming episode this season!

What about you? Or anyone else, who was your favourite doctor?

Julie Balla said...

I hated Dr Who when I was little, but have really enjoyed this new one. My daughter loves it too - even though it is a bit scary!! The one with Sarah Jane and K9 is really good. It seems funny that we are actually ahead of someone here, usually we are the last to see anything!

XXXX YYYY said...

*That* was the only episode worth watching this season. The Tony Head one was appalling. Sigh.
Favourite Doctor if there is such a thing......Nope, don't have one but I do adore Barty Crouch jr.

Kimberly Fawn said...

I'm a Tom Baker girl :) As was said - he was my first doctor and so my favorite. After that they are all really close seconds. I loved Jon Pertwee and I loved uh...*eek* Peter something... I didn't care much at all for the Collin Baker but the guy after that I liked - Ace was his side kick. Sylvester somethign? I'm too lazy to look them up on imdb. My sister and I would stay up late on Saturday nights (I believe) and we'd get all 4 pieces of an episode on one night.

Melissa Hicks said...

Umm Claire, Sarah Jane and K9 were *in* the same episode as Anthony Head. Mind you I think he does evil very very well! And yes I have a soft spot for David Tennant - I'm preferring him in this role to the last guy Christopher Eccleston. And I hear Rose leaves somewhere in this season so I am very very happy!

Melissa Hicks said...

Yeah I liked Sylvester McCoy - you see him these days pop up on children;s documentary shows :) Ace was also one of my favourite companions! Pity their story lines were so pantomime-ish.

XXXX YYYY said...

They were?? really? I think my brain switched off every time I saw him playing such a terrible part. I adore the man, really worship him and seeing him as the villain, ugh......
Rose leaves at the very end of the season.....

Post a Comment