Saturday 9 February 2008

Mel's Sunday Update - On Saturday

Well tomorrow is looking pretty busy what with heading off to the airport at 10am.  I wont be online or home until very late Friday night - so probably Saturday before I reconnect with any of you again :) :)

So I thought I would post my week's update now.

I finally finally finally finished off my Gemstone Dragon RR  and sent it off winging its way around the world.  I did most of the border, Onyx dragon and placement holders for the others in the RR. 

This took most of the week.  I had hoped to finish the border but it was not to be.  I simply ran out of time.  (Which is ridiculous I know - but I admit to having been disorganised for this one).

Last night while trying to rest and recover from a hectic work week and arrangements for this coming week interstate, I decided to relaxing with some stitching.  Egged on by Denise (yet again) I started a new piece ....

I stated Excellence by Szulet Creations.  I managed one whole letter before the one-day cricket test ended early.

Today has been cleaning house, preparing for next week and generally catching with life. 

In other news all sent RAKs and birthday presents have now arrived (except one).  The financial dieting is going well although quite a few charts have been added to the Lust List.

Including the new Rosewood Manor Seasons of the Trees.  This wont be released to after Nashville.  It has everything I love about AaFG and leaves out the bits I don't like (the verse).

Oh speaking of things I simply *must* have.  I *MUST* acquire one of these.  Next time someone wins the Lottery please consider RAKing one to me.....

In personal news, the food dieting is going well - I'm now back under 90 kilos (I'm now 196 pounds).  The psychological impact of being back in the 80s instead of the 90s is tremendous !!!!

Have a fun week all and I will catch you this time next week .....

7 comments:

Karen R said...

Onyx looks wonderful - I wondered what these look like stitched up! Great start on Excellence! And that keyboard is really cool! I hope you have a wonderful week at the conference - we'll miss you!!

Robyn Enz said...

I really like the Season of Trees. Now we just need to have Sisu rechart any awkward bits...

Julie Nemitz said...

Good job on the RR Mel, and have a good week. Also, good luck with the dieting, both financial and food.

Melissa Hicks said...

{LOL} We'd better tell Sisu :) :)

Sisu Lull said...

Sisu would be happy to rechart anything for you, LOL. I am wishing that I had waited to start AaFG now because I am not very taken with the verse either and have not found anything I like better to put in it's place.

Melissa Parker said...

Mel-I love your RR. The border is beautiful. That keyboard, I'm in love!

Paula Hubert said...

I think this is the first of the gemstone draggies I've seen stitched - and he looks great! Congrats too on the food diet :)

I hope the course goes well - enjoy it and know that you'll be missed this week!

Post a Comment