Monday 25 February 2008

THANK YOU!

As some of you know I've not had an exactly good start to 2008.  Nothing terrible or life threatening, just tiring self esteem issues at home and at work.

A few of you have noticed I've been a bit subdued except for of course my emotional outburst on the topic of Romance ....

A number of wonderful friends had sent me messages and RAKs of support in the last couple of weeks and I'm sorry I just haven't had the energy to write and thank you.

That changed today when I got the sweetest RAK out of the blue from Chele!  She included the sweetest note with it !!!  I'm putting the note up over my desk at work and will read it whenever events get me down!

Thank you also Voldeminion for the lovely Mill HIll treasures - I'll pop them in with the charts as soon as find them again :)

Thank you Claire for the lovely bag - it looks like an oversize pencil case and it has Party Cats on it - its sooooo awesome !!!!!!  And it fits one whole block of chocolate ... slurp.

Finally thank you so much Laura - two gifts from you - sent eight weeks apart - arrive one day apart!   Yes the Christmas card Laura posted on 17 December 2007 arrived in later February 2008!  The lovely card in commiseration for my recent relationship break up was posted early Feb and arrived one day later than the Xmas card !!!!!!!!

Pics of all pressies are: http://gothtigger.multiply.com/photos/album/69

I've been in a huge stitching slump lately, so I've been doing organising and cleaning and updating my Lust Lists so at least I feel somewhat productive.  I'm going to go and find some fabric now and start the chart that Chele sent.  As I stitch it I'm going to think of her affirmation "For every stitch, think of another person who loves you just the way you are right now!"

5 comments:

Claire EJ said...

Sniff...trust the lovely Chele to come up with such lovely words, sniff.

If anyone needs little treats lately, it's you:)

Julie Nemitz said...

Aww, I'm so sorry Mel. I didn't know you were having relationship issues. Just remember that relationship breakups usually bring on two things: grieving and self esteem issues. At least for women. I don't know if men have the same or not. Get yourself through however you can, and things will start to look better and better. Sending you big hugs from Oh.

Paula Hubert said...

Great RAK's :). And of course, 'Chele has such a talent for coming up with exactly the right words!

Mariann Mäder said...

What a wonderful sentiment from Chele! And very nice RAKs, Mel, good to know that they have brightened you up some!

Hilary Syddall said...

Well done Chele!! That is a wonderful gift for Gothy to have received

Post a Comment