Sunday 7 September 2008

Mel's Sunday Update

Eben and Snooch?  Garfield and Nermal?  No just Trouble and Hemingway sitting in front of mum's fireplace :)

Well this is my first Sunday update in a while - and might be my last for a couple of weeks :)

I'm driving to Melbourne tomorrow and it could be another two weeks after that before my Internet is connected at the new place.

Stitching Update:

Corn and Beans by Inkcircles designs
This is the last of the stitching I did on the train commute.  There isn't much progress, but it is the very last of the "stitched on a train" production, so I wanted to commemorate it with an update.

Sisu's RR - Friendship Tea Sampler 
A difficult project - I hate blending thread and metallic filaments :) :)  But I did a good 10 hours and got this little bit done after mucking around with a previous bit that had a a few problems.

Garden Cat by Cross Stitch Art
This one was in mum's stash.  A recent acquisition she showed me.  I loved it so we looked through her stash and mine and we kitted it up.  I started it Tuesday evening and finished it Saturday evening.

As well as the pics in its own album - I also have a pic on my 2008 Finishes folder.

Finally I've also got another section of BoInk finished - but pics for that will have to wait until this part is released.

7 comments:

Claire EJ said...

Commented on all the pieces.
Good luck with the drive and everything after.
Trubs and Hemingway look very much at home together.

Melissa Hicks said...

Oh I think Trub will prefer having her own home back again :)

kay jones said...

The look as though they are tolerating each other. In fact they could well be Delbert and Boris except that Boris wont let Delbert on the mat when he's on it.

Good luck with the move. Keep in touch as and when you can.

Claire EJ said...

Yeah I bet she will!
Must be travelling time for you two as I write this...

Karen R said...

Well, since I'm behind, have heard that you are already arrived and sleeping :) Great update - hope the week with Denise was relaxing enough to get you through moving in with as little stress as possible!! Scritches to Trubs - my old guy has always done pretty well with moving, all things considered and the number of times he's done it...

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks Karen. Yes I'm here sort of. I'll blog an uupdate if I have time before being kicked off the library computer :)

Trubs has come through the move wonderfully - she loves it here!

Laura Landis said...

Glad to hear the move went smoothly! Hope you settle in quickly as well.

Post a Comment