Friday 25 May 2007

Being a good operatice .....

The BFG would be proud!

A few months ago one of the girls at work admired some charts I had acquired in an online garage sale and really fell in love with Dragon Dreams Mermaid of the Deep (I think its called).

Anyway she has been doing wool canvas tapestries for years and wanted a smaller project, so she wanted to "borrow" a copy of my chart and get me to teach her how to cross stitch.

Well after a short discussion on copyright and supporting the designers (which wasn't really as moral a high ground as it could have been as I did buy the chart second hand myself) I made her a birthday present of the chart and fabric.  I taught her how to stitch and about a week later our shifts changed and then I went on  leave so we haven't seen much of each other.

She invited me for lunch today to show off her finished item!!  This project included beads and metallics - not exactly a beginner project but she's flown through it and has ordered one of Mirabilia's Celtic Ladies (autumn I think) as her next project.

I feel like a proud mum!

12 comments:

Frishawn Rasheed said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!! Whoooohoo...spreading the love! That is so beautiful! Wonderful work!

Debbie Lord said...

Mel you should be proud, spread the word - her work is lovely too!!

Karen R said...

Good job, both of you! Never underestimate the power of a Librarian!!!

Melissa Hicks said...

Except at a trivia night - we came 5th out of 11 teams !!

Karen R said...

LOL - you're allowed an off night! But only one!

Hilary Syddall said...

Well done on getting another drawn into the web of stitching Mel!

Gina Martin said...

Truly excellent enabling! :)

Terri England said...

That's what Enabling is all about

Paula Hubert said...

Great job, Mel - and great work on her part, too!

Claire EJ said...

Nice giftie, nice teaching and nice framing LOL.

5th out of 11?? hmmm

Laura Landis said...

Cool! Doesn't it make you feel good to hook another one so our hobby will continue? What a lovely job she did!!

Claire EJ said...

Which reminds me....what is she working on now?

Post a Comment