Thursday 3 May 2007

Stitching is therapeutic



I wont lie - I've just had three days of stress from family and work that I never ever want to repeat.

Stitching is not only fun, it is therapeutic, especially when you have a repetitive design where you can just keep going with one colour. It was quite meditative and really really helped over the last couple of nights.

I discovered the secret of banishing the frogs - a meditative state. The frogs stay away when I focus and meditate while stitching.

Well framework A is finished. I am taking this project with me and hope to start Framework B sometime over the weekend .......

I know this is our week for stitching on our Dragons, but I just can't concentrate enough on a TW right now - Faïence understands.

I'm all packed and am driving to mum's tomorrow. I wont be home again until late Sunday and I wont have any email access at all Friday and Saturday.

I've gone special notices on most groups so hopefully I wont overload my account.

See you all Sunday or Monday.

Thank you all for your kind words. Thanks Teegs for the SMS and thanks especially for Claire for her 40 minute phone call Monday night - I really needed it and really appreciated it !!!!!




7 comments:

Karen R said...

I wondered how you were doing - I'm glad you got a breather, even if only a short one.

Stitching is therapeutic, absolutely; I've done more stitching in the past 9 months than I have in years before combined, and it just happens to coincide with the stress I have been under at work since assuming new, additional, duties at work last fall. And amazingly enough, laundry is still getting done, and kids and animals are still getting fed. That's my reward for getting through the day, to go home and work on my stuff, even if only for a few minutes. Even the nights I'm too tired to actually stitch, I always have stash to look through or things to plan, and lots to read on the 'puter. It is what is keeping me together these days, and very likely has kept DH alive.

You take care of yourself and your mum, and my fingers and toes are still crossed that you get calls for interviews, so you can tell your boss to stick it :)

Hilary Syddall said...

Take care Mel - and hugs to you and your Mum - I will be thinking of you both

Denise Hicks said...

This is coming along fine Melissa, is is really starting to take shape.

Melissa Hicks said...

I really should have done the other purple corner in the middle of the chart - it looks lopsided at the moment :)

And what are you doing awake at 3:44am ????? See you in a few hours - around 1:00 or 1:30pm most likely.

Paula Hubert said...

Been thinking of you both loads - take care of yourself!

Laura Landis said...

aw, Mel, hang in there!! The project looks great! Can't wait to see what it looks like after the weekend.

Melissa Hicks said...

I think it ended up looking pretty good actually :) :)

Post a Comment