Sunday 27 May 2007

Mel's Sunday Update

Morning all,

Well I have lots to show today.  I've stitched up a storm after my slump for the past few weeks.

I stitched up Snoopy for Hilary's UFO project Peanuts Directors, a kit from Permin.  It was a quick stitch, but the non-linear backstitching on Aida was a pain :) :)

I also went back to Dogwood Square for the rest of the week.  I finished the border-work that gave me such huge cane toads a couple of weeks back and I actually completed all motifs.  The only work left on this project is to do all the background colouring in stitching.  Mind numbing and really good to do when you have no energy and your brains have leaked out your ears due to working long days.

Finally I've added some pictures to my Finished Album.  I have pictures of Tutankhamen which I framed and gave mum for Mother's Day this year.  I also have photographs of framed Livres Chat Rouge and framed Gothic.

So a good week for stitching and a lot of time spent on photography - god I wish I was better at it.  Oh on the Livres Chat Rouge picture, I could not get the mat visible without glare off the glass reflecting the scene behind me - so I deliberately photographed it half in shade.  The right side is in shade, but the top left corner shows a true representation of the colours of the frame and matting.

9 comments:

Karen R said...

EWWW, pretty! The frames are wonderful! Is the mat on Chat one of the suede ones, or is it just mottled? It looks fantastic!
Dogwood's border is amazing - I'd be half-tempted to leave it there, though I know the background is so pretty, too! Well done - I guess you got over your slump, and then some!

Melia Suez said...

Everything looks great! I really like the Livres Chat Rouge piece.

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks ladies - yes the mat on Livres Chat Rouge is a suede mat I love the mottled effect it gives .....

Claire EJ said...

LCR looks wonderful! I do so love this one. I still have not made a final decision on colours for mine but, I still have that lovely Waterlilies in Flame (thanks Mel) and that may well be the ONE for it :)
Great "over-slump" work :)

Hilary Syddall said...

Absolutely fantastic Mel! wonderful anti-slump work on this :-)

Melissa Hicks said...

Oooh now *that* would look fabulous - especially on a cream or antique white rather than a real white fabric - what do you think?

Natalie Mikesell said...

I just love Dogwood square!! Are you stitching it on a specialty fabric?

Melissa Hicks said...

No its plain white 28ct Cashel. I just couldn't get a good picture with my camera without shadows .....

Paula Hubert said...

All of these look great! I like Dogwood Square more each time you show us progress!

Post a Comment