Sunday 13 May 2007

Mel's Sunday Update



Evening all,

Well since mum turned up today its been all family history and scouring the net for convict records .... so no further progress on Dogwood Square. As some of you know I had a major case of the frogs earlier this week when I had to rip out and redo one and half sides of the border - yes all that green. Took me two hours simply to unstitch - I nearly cried. I did however stitch it all back in but I haven't gotten much further.

Will be leaving it alone now to spend the week with mum (and in all probability lots and lots and lots of family history) and in the spare time I do have I will spend on an RR piece.

Mum also brought *me* presents for Mother's day today. She brought me back the very first two pieces of cross stitch I ever did. Two Permin kits, one a rose and the other bluebells. I did these back in 1991 and gave them to her.

What a walk down memory lane - not mention immediately chucking them under the scanner so to add them to my finished items album :) :) :)


9 comments:

Hilary Syddall said...

Wow looking good Mel! you must be nearly done aren't you?

Karen R said...

It looks great! I really like that green border, though I could see how it would be verrrryyyy easy to get one off on it!

Claire EJ said...

Even after and with the toads, it looks wonderful.
Must go hit the finished album and see what ya made way back in time LOL

Melissa Hicks said...

{Mel laughs hysterically}

At least another two full weeks on this one yet. There's the rest of the border and then the rest of the filigree work and then most of those squares have background colours so there's at least a week and a half or two weeks of straight fill-in stitching ......

Natalie Mikesell said...

Those are darling Permin kits, and very great stitching...I would never guess that they were your first pieces. Dogwood square is looking great inspite of the frogs! Have a lovely time with your mum :)

Melissa Hicks said...

Well its now 7:30pm and we've *just* got home from spending all day at the State Library looking at old records on microfiche and microfilm - no stitching for me tonight my eyeballs are hanging out of my head on stalks ......

Gina Martin said...

Been there, done that Mel. I think one can go blind if they look at microfiche long enough.

Frishawn Rasheed said...

Dear Mel,,,,
Dogwood Square is looking wonderful! Sorry about the frog troop that came to visit you and I am glad that the visit was short.
Hugs,
Frishawn

Melissa Hicks said...

I'm certain of it!

Trying to find the right page on an entire roll of unpaginated microfilm can make you homicidal too !!!!!

Post a Comment