Friday 14 December 2007

Christmas Silliness - You Know What To Do...

   1.      Wrapping paper or gift bags?  neither

2.      Real tree or Artificial?  Real - I love my Son of Hector and so far ZTrub isn't taking any notice of him - naybe because she's an old lady now and its beneath her dignity?

3.      When do you put up the tree? When I got around to buying Son of Hector.  Never *before* the first weekend in December.

4.      When do you take the tree down?  There's a tradition for the 6th January in my family for some reason ..... 12 days of Christmas perhaps?

5.      Do you like egg nog?  Never tried it.

6.      What is your most favorite Christmas gift ever?  The one I haven't unwrapped yet.  The fun for me at Christmas is  the mystery and odd0shaped parcels sitting under that tree, waiting to be unveiled.  And I *don't care* if that makes me sound like a five year old!

7.      Do you have a nativity sceneNope.

8.      Hardest person to buy for? My Dad and Paul's mum.

9.      Easiest person to buy for? Me!  After all I've had sooo much practice at it and I give out ideas and Lust Lists :)

10.    Mail or email Christmas cards?  I wasn't big into cards at all - but now I'm loving the snail mail cards from the BAPXS group !!!  Made me a real convert !!!!

11.    Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Tied place between my  MIL at the time, and Paul's mum last Christmas.  Both insisted on buying me clothes that didn't fit and didn't suit.

12.  Favorite Christmas Movie?  Hogfather!

13.  When do you start shopping for Christmas? When I go "oh crap these need to be out in the mail next week".

14.  Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?  No.  I recycled many of our wedding presents - but not one of my Christmas presents.  Well I can't remember any, put it that way.

15.   Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?  Fresh berries and stone fruits off the vines and orchard (hey I'm in the Southern hemisphere!)

16.  Clear lights or colored on the tree?  None.  Too big a fire risk and electricity drain in an Aussie Summer..

17.  Favorite Christmas song? {blush} Six White Boomers by Rolf Harris ......

18.  Travel at Christmas or stay home? Changes every year.  Used to travel to mum's every single year, now I've held it at home the last two years.

19.  Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?  Only the naughty version ....

20.  Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither.

21.  Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Day.  Will probably see Paul and his mum Xmas Eve other wise he's sulk for a month!

22.   Most annoying thing about this time of year?  Traffic and shopping.  The sheer amount of people and then nastiness they do because they are in a hurry and all trying to do the same thing at the same time.

23.   Favorite ornament theme or color? The  ornament stitched for me by Paula last year.

24.   What do you want for Christmas this year? Sleep.  No stress. A "good" visit with my Dad where we don't scream at each other all the time. A trust fund to cover the airfares and spending money for the 2009 trip.  Time to relax and stitch.  OK OK in all reality, some stitching gadgets like a dololly or a bead CD thingy ....

25.   Who is most likely to respond to this?  Whoever is awake and near the computer :)

3 comments:

Claire EJ said...

And worse still, they took pictures which you showed of to the world....what did happen to those clothes??

Melissa Hicks said...

Well the 3/4 pants I still own. They are cotton so they live permanently in my ironing pile except for when I'm desperate. The top? Well it was in the top of my cupboard, pushed into a back corner for a while and then finally donated to charity I think.

Paula Hubert said...

Naughty version of Santa's reindeer? Do tell!

Post a Comment