Sunday 16 December 2007

Mel's Sunday Update

Yes I actually have a stitching up date for the first time in what feels like months !!!!!

A while ago I was stitching a present which I couldn't show and then I went into a stitching slump as other parts of my life and hobbies took over.

OK Well I only got two hours in this week and usually that is nowhere near enough for me to post a pic, but I'm just soooo excited that I actually got time to sit and stitch :) :)

I started back on Party Cat.  A was going to completely backstitch the cat and then do the squiggles last - but I discovered that I was totally out of DMC 310.

leM, the Australasian operative of the Black Floss Gang was totally and utterly bereft of black floss !!!!!

Well before she could be tossed out of the BFG, leM raced tot he shops for me yesterday afternoon and bought 10 skeins :)

In the meantime during the week I had started the squiggles. 

15 comments:

Karen R said...

YAY!!! Party Cat looks fabulous!!! He looks pretty cool without the squiggles, but I don't know, I just love them!! Good thing leM was available - everybody needs an operative on standby, I think :) Hopefully, this will mark the beginning of an un-slump!!

Kerry Dustin said...

Thank goodness for leM! Party Cat is looking wonderful.

Claire EJ said...

leM is a very useful person to have around! I have to say, with just a small selection of the squiggleys, PC looks like he's got a cartoon bubble of rudeness coming out of his mouth, such fun!

Natalie Mikesell said...

Oh my! Out of black floss! I am happy to hear that you quickly redemed yourself.

Melissa Hicks said...

{ROTFLMAO}

I'll have to leave the squiggles at just those ones then :) :) :)

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks everyone - leM certainly redeemed herself - she bought ten skeins !!!! And she doesn't even have nnairaM's excuse of sending them all out at Christmas!

Rosanne Derrett said...

As I said to Mel, the whole collection of these cats looks like they are on 'something'. This one I swear discovered pot and is a mellow moggy. Wait will you see Council house Mum (and her fourteen kids), the Cat on a Wire (been dropping acid) and there is one on the book who has definately been on coke. Hysterical and the book is on it's way to Oz as we speak

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks sooo much Roseanne! I'll have to do them all up and use them to decorate my cubicle at work - now if *that* doesn't make my staff think - nothing will :) :)

Tracy H said...

Maybe he's just been drinking too much fizzy beverage. Ha ha.

Glad to hear that the certain BFG operative is equipped and ready for action. That could have been embarrassing. :-D

Denise Hicks said...

The cats looking good Mel, lovely colours

Claire EJ said...

The book??? tell me more please.

Mariann Mäder said...

That cat looks fabulous, Mel! It sparkles!

Could actually see it since I get the e-mail updates from most of my contacts.

Melissa Hicks said...

woo hoo !!!!!!!! Mariann could "see" a pic - yayyyyyyyyy!

Paula Hubert said...

I do love this one, Mel! And I'm so glad leM was there to save the day! I didn't think that the BFG members were EVER out of black floss - I thought they got some sort of special tree that grew it or something {silly grin}

Melissa Hicks said...

I think leM's tree got buried in the landslide with Hector last June .....

Post a Comment