Sunday 23 December 2007

Mel's Sunday Update

Yes I have an update this week.  I have a finish, a framing job and a progress pic !!!  Woo Hoo !!!

The Finish.
I started stitching on the train again this week.  Yes after a train-stitching slump since Daylight Savings began back in October I haven't had the energy or inclination to stitch on the train - not until the last week before my holidays start :)  I finished off Fire Dragon - the companion black work piece to Water Dragon.  Although it doesn't look like it, the entire dragon is filled one with just one variegated thread.  What do you think?

The Framing Job.
I got Dogwood Square back from the framers this week.  I love my new framer - she's cheaper than the old one and has a sense of style than neither the old framer or I have.  For example she suggested a four mat scheme for Dogwood Square.  I think it came out looking really good.

The clearest pic is here: but the colours show up better here.

And finally the Progress.
I made some good time on Party Cat this week.  I got the backstitching finished on the train and got a couple of hours in on the squiggles while waiting for Dad to arrive yesterday.


Hope everyone is happy and relaxed and has all their Christmas planning and preparation under control.  As suspected and dreaded, I'm off to the shopping mall with Dad after breakfast this morning ....

15 comments:

Tina Starke said...

This looks GREAT Mel!

Melissa Hicks said...

Thank you - I love this new framer !!! I can't wait to take Party Cat into her when he is finished :) :)

Claire EJ said...

The new framer is a genius at putting it all together. Great job on DWSquare! Looks fab. Where ya hanging it?

Tina Starke said...

My house would be a good start!

Melissa Hicks said...

Good grief I've never been soooo Colleen-ed in my life before :) :)

At the moment it is hanging in the loungeroom in the centre of the wall above the dining table.

Mariann Mäder said...

Excelent framing, Mel and the picture looks fabulous! Glad you're ready for the Christmas days, enjoy them, have a good time with your dad and hopefully no fights or stress whatsoever!

Melissa Hicks said...

So far so good - its 6:25am here - Dad just got up, saw I was on the computer, grabbed his book and went back to bed to read for a while .... I love that he wants "me time" tooo sometimes :) :)

Tina Starke said...

New verb! Being Colleened!

Mariann Mäder said...

That wins him points in my book in any case. I like to grant other people their own time just as I like having me time amongst a group of others myself, sometimes..

What's on your reading list at the moment? A similar stack as you have of WIPs? Probably higher...

Mine is Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion" - if you haven't read it yet, get a hold of it, it's superb...

Melissa Hicks said...

I tried reading that a few months back but it was a bit dense for me at the time - I switched to something lighter :) Will have to try it again later when I'm in a better mood for it.

I'm not actually reading anything right now ..... oooh that thought's tooo scary for words!

Melissa Hicks said...

I was sure that one was already in our Lexicon - but OK - I'll take credit for it :) :)

Claire EJ said...

It is......credit duly taken by List Mum some months ago...

Melissa Hicks said...

I bow before the List Mum :)

Tina Starke said...

Has anyone told the namesake about "her" new verb?

Paula Hubert said...

Great framing job - and I love the new verb, I can think of all sorts of other uses like a "drive-by colleening" :)

Post a Comment