Tuesday 13 March 2007

Fabric suggestions please?



OK all for The One SAL on BAPXS I've decided to do Archway to Avalon by Marie Barber (well I didn't have much choice really). Cover pic here.

I wonder what
fabric to use, I don't want to do plain antique white. I was
considering a mottled blue or green but then I thought - what about a
mottled grey to simulate stonework? The entirety of what can be seen
through the window is completely stitched, so there's no need to match
the fabric to that. So I thought what about a mottled grey to simulate
a castle wall that this can be a window inside of .... or will that
blend in with the doves too much??



Then again going with this idea - I could leave out the doves and the
entire bottom row of motifs altogether and have it as just a window
inside a stone wall ....



Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?? Anyone ???????



11 comments:

Mariann Mäder said...

Not if you go for a darker shade of grey - anthracite? Something like DMC 413...

But something blue-ish or green-ish would work very well, too. A shade darker than the general tone of the design

Julie Balla said...

I like the idea of missing out the doves and the motifs. Having a window onto such a beautiful garden. Maybe a sandy colour slightly lighter than the arch?

Paula Hubert said...

You can see my other post.. but I like something along the lines of PTP Legacy or Fresco.

Melia Suez said...

I'd personally leave off the doves and the motifs and make it look like a window. Very pretty, BTW.

Claire EJ said...

Fog.......definitely Fog....I won't be doing the doves, nasty anoying birds and maybe not the motifs too.

Julie Nemitz said...

I like the idea of leaving off the motifs, but I would try for a piece of fabric that matches the window. Sort of a mottled tan and rust color? I think it's going to be gorgeous any way you do it!

Natalie Mikesell said...

I think a light grey mottled would look great....Castle View from Silkweavers comes to mind...but I am sure that Stitches n spices has something. Don't take out the doves or bottom motif! That is part of the whole that attracted you to this picture.

Donna Williams said...

Remind me to show this chart to the ladies at PTP when we go out next and maybe they'll have suggestions. We're going on the 24th of this month so if you can hang on for a bit, lets see what they have to say.

Melissa Hicks said...

Oooh Teegs that sounds like a fabulous idea - yes please !!!!!

I wont be able to purchase fabric until April anyway .........

Karen R said...

I flipped though Silkweaver for a few minutes, and have these suggestions, mostly based on doing just the window:
In their Expressions: Days Gone By linen, Ametrine linen or evenweave, or maybe Summer Sunset linen or evenweave.
In their Classics linen, I really like Adobe, but thought Heritage might not be bad either.

Can't wait to see what Teegs finds at PTP....

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks all for your ideas and suggestions !!!! I;m going to have to think harder about this .... do some floss tosses etc etc.

Next month :)

Post a Comment