Saturday 17 March 2007

Fire Wing Friday


Well my supplies for Fire Wing's Singularity that I ordered during Nashville finally arrived yesterday. (dyeing time plus international post causing the delays). Marilyn and Shari from PTP were wonderful - they supplied everything needed for this design except the needle and DMC 310.

I've joined the FireWing Friday SAL on the PTP group and this is the piece I'm doing. Everybody in the SAL works on a FireWing design of their choice on Fridays.

Well let's see, Friday morning I woke at 4am (goodness only knows why) so I got up and spent some time on my model stitch job, then became a librarian from 8am until 6pm, then went shopping then finally home and dinner. Picked up this kit with great enthusiasm and got maybe 20 stitches in it before I fell asleep with the needle in my hand.....

I'm such an energetic party animal !!!!!

Oh just so you know, the bit I did was the silvery strip just under the dragon's head, leading from her chin and back up to the right.










9 comments:

Hilary Syddall said...

I do like this one!

Melissa Hicks said...

Thank you ladies - I didn't realise that when I went to start at in the middle of the design (like I normally do) that it would be a combination of two petite braids only !!!!

Hope to get to some normal floss soon. This design is a combination of petite braids and needlepaint floss with some kreinik blending filament and DMC 310 to round it all out.

Paula Hubert said...

This is going to be so much prettier than the cover picture! Hopefully next Friday I'll be able to start Smoke!

Gina Martin said...

Wow! Awesome design!

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks ladies - I'm definitely devoting some time to this tonight!

Claire EJ said...

Ooh, I expect to see loads more at the next picture then :)

Melissa Hicks said...

Well you saw a dragon's head :) :)

Claire EJ said...

Sure did and I can't wait to see more.

Melissa Hicks said...

Next Friday - have to get on with the RAK this morning and then back to the model stitch on Tuesday after P has gone again.

Post a Comment