Thursday 29 March 2007

Shhhh! Sneak Peek !!!!


A while ago Tracy (Inkcircles designs) posted the following in her blog:


"... My new Ink Circles pattern
being sent off to the model stitcher. There seems to be a resurgence
of stitching on black. With my penchants for folk designs, symmetry,
and geometric designs, I recalled one of the loveliest arts that
traditionally is done on a black ground. This will be a
sampler, titled Hanky Pysanky. For those of you have no idea what
pysanky is, or maybe have seen it and just don't recognize the word,
pysanky is the traditional Ukrainian Easter egg dying process. You can
see some eggs here,
but you can't see my design until Helen posts a progress shot. Dawn
Sky is the second floss from the left. In addition to the pink pysanky
color scheme,
I've mapped out the colors for the equally traditional
red/orange/yellow colorway. (I know not everyone is a "pink" person -
that's why Carrie makes so many different colors!)"





Well I was lucky enough to be selected to do a couple of motifs in the
red/orange/yellow colourway. Here's a couple of pics of two motifs to
whet your appetite for the whole sampler .....





10 comments:

Denise Hicks said...

They are really nice motifs mel they look great

Marc Davis said...

Stitching on Black? NOW who ever would have thought of doing that?

Melissa Hicks said...

Oooh gee now there's Jan from Funk and Weber, and Tracy and ... oh yeah that Marc guy from Needlemania :) :)

I think I need to stitch something on white sometime soon :) :)

Paula Hubert said...

I love the larger, square one, Mel. And I hadn't thought about it until you said something... with two projects on black, I'd need to do something lighter soon!

Melissa Hicks said...

I've actually got three projects on black going right now and one on a dark grey.

For a break I just spent an hour on 14 ct rustico Aida - oh my what a difference from 32ct evenweave !!!!

Claire EJ said...

Looks like little tulips in the corners? Very sweet and pretty!

Karen R said...

I don't have anything going on dark fabric right now :( I do have several thing planned for it though, but it's very hard to find locally, and I'm hesitant to order online until I know I'm ready to start. If I can just get that Triptych done....

Melissa Hicks said...

I adore the little motif !! He's my favourite of all of them :)

Gina Martin said...

Oooohhh...so colorful!

Laura Landis said...

these are so very cool, Mel. Lucky you to be the first one to see them!!

Post a Comment