Thursday 8 March 2007

International Woman's Day

Today is International Woman's Day.


I've done my bit - I gave another woman chocolate before 8am this morning !!!


Its a work friend's birthday and with the situation here at NP and the useless excuse for a piece of excrement that I need to babysit (ie my staff) there's no way I can leave the building long enough to attend my friend's luncheon in another part of the city.


So I stopped in at her office before work and dropped off her present - three blocks of organic dark chocolate - mayan orange, decadent mint and one with cocoa nibs in it.


That's my good deed for International Women's Day.  I not only made her very happy - but all those who work in her office!

6 comments:

Hilary Syddall said...

oooooh - sounds as though your friend will be very happy!

Claire EJ said...

Ooh, stunning sounding chocolate.
Real orange in chocolate is lovely, unlike those hideous "Chocolate Oranges"...ugh!

Melissa Hicks said...

Real orange in real chocolate .... {drool}

Claire EJ said...

I really dislike fake flavourings, especialy strawberry....pink, ugh!...tastes pink...horrible.

Karen R said...

Eww, me too. Love strawberries, but strawberry-flovored anything - yuck! Don't like chocolate-flavored things, either - don't like chocolate cake or ice cream, though, of course, love actual chocolate. That's why I opt for the chocolate chip ice cream! Sometimes even the Mint! I do loves me some apple flavored Jolly Rancher candies, though - I can eat those until my teeth fall out. Apple martinis, not so much.

Paula Hubert said...

MMMM about the chocolate! Would you believe that I spent the 8th at a leadership conference held by Women in Cable Telecommunication... and the ONLY person to mention International Women's day was the driver for the car service who picked us up? He explained that in Russia (he emigrated about 10 years ago), they don't have anything similar to Mother's Day, so they celebrate March 8th.

Post a Comment