Sunday 29 April 2007

Mel's Sunday Update



Well its a little update this week. Here's the stitching I've done on Dogwood Square from Inkcircles Designs. I'm using the new Carrie's Threads colourway.

Of course seeing as I'm spatially challenged and can't count diagonally, I have actually put in and frogged more stitches than this. It just seems the if I'm counting diagonally say upper right, I start counting from the upper right corner of my last stitch, not the lower right corner which is where I start my stitches from. This means that the next set of stitching is one row out {sigh}

Its such a little mistake but I keep doing it over and over, my mind thinks upper right, we start from the upper right corner of the last stitch ....

Oh well .... love using Carrier's floss and I love these colours (even if they are purple).



6 comments:

Hilary Syddall said...

Whatever froggie problems you have had this looks stunning Gothy!

Donna Williams said...

Just keep at it, and you'll do fine! You manage to get so much accomplished, you'll get this too.

Natalie Mikesell said...

This is so lovely!!

Karen R said...

Hey, I won't tell you how often I've done that same thing; I think that's why I have so much better luck with solidly-stitched projects, especially TWs - if something's one square out of place on one of hers, it doesn't always matter :)

Laura Landis said...

Looks like a great start, Mel! Hope the green guys have gone away!

Claire EJ said...

LOL...counting up and sideways at the same time is never easy! Just set Trubs onto the froggies but don't let her eat any as she'll get sick.

Post a Comment